Questions on mod chip for wii

l3lackdeath

WiiChat Member
Mar 20, 2007
Well, today morning my brother told me that his friend is willing to mod my wii for $80 and I'm not really sure, but i have a few questions for the people who have a modded wii.

1) Will the wii updates do anything so the mod chip wont work anymore?
2) Once the mod chip is installed, will you be able to update your wii and be able to go on the wii shop channel and download the VC Games (legally with a wii points card)
3) If i rents a game from blockbuster or any other store, do i just have to burn the game onto a DVD disc and be able to play it?
4) If not, what certain things do you have to do
5) If i downloads a game, what does i have to do once its finished download, do i just burn it onto the DVD disc or do i have to do certain things

The only reason i may want to get a mod chip is because i have saved up a lot of money for years and i cant stop spending it on games, i already have 13 wii games and i think i should stop spending $50, because games like Excite truck, redsteel, call of duty 3, rayman, warioware,super paper mario and a lot more i dont play anymore, and it seems like i shouldve just rented those games since i beat them in a few sittings.
I have never had a mod chip for a system before. I'm not sure about downloading games since i have DSL and the game sizes are 4GB+, so i think i would mostly rent games from blockbuster, only pay 7-11 bucks and burn them and play, but im not sure if i can just burn it. Oh yea i am in the USA if that helps
Thanks
Edit/Delete Message

Be very careful with your chip modding. Where it is illegal nintendo can brick your wii. It may not be worth the risk.

Well....Is anyone going to answer any of my 5 questions?
The questions im really worried about are 1,3 and 4

1. maybe
2. those will probably be the culprit to #1.....so no if you don't want to risk it.

dunno about the rest

When did thieving and piracy become so bloody risky?

Well....Is anyone going to answer any of my 5 questions?

When I was a kid, you didn't have a bunch of people at your beck and call to help keep you safe during your criminal activities. You just had to start swiping stuff, sink or swim.

:frown2:

Everybody says "imports" when you talk about the chips.

This guy probably hasn't even thought of it.

Brawny said:
This guy probably hasn't even thought of it.

Or even saying thank you to those aiding him. When did petty crooks become so impolite? Stop the world, I want off. :rolleyes:

My advice is to hold off on modding and see what happends.

Nintendo might do something similar as of Xbox 360's banning from Xbox Live.

Wiinter said:
Or even saying thank you to those aiding him. When did petty crooks become so impolite? Stop the world, I want off. :rolleyes:

lmfao....i did say thanks...look at my 1st post and at the end it says
"Thanks"

l3lackdeath said:
lmfao....i did say thanks...look at my 1st post and at the end it says
"Thanks"

Oh good, the criminal element still remembers its manners...

if you read the wii agrement, they have the power to shut off your wii

so yea wiiconect 24 is always watching

In most countries it is, in them nintendo can brick your wii.

Dudes, stop flaming. If you flamed on this forum in my day, you would have a one way ticket to ban-land and everyone would hate you.

Back