Questions on mod chip for wii

S41NT said:
XBox 360 users who have theirs chipped have just been blocked from online gaming.
If you carry out an update thats when they get you. Think one of the main reasons they did it was to stop users online with harddrives using cheat programmes.

but that won't happen with wii owners who have modchips. Modchips can go "stealth mode" where the wii console can not detect if a modchip is installed.:yesnod: :yesnod:

ILLEGAL importing. Hence why a modchip to play imports is NOT OK.
EXACTLY. thanks for proving my point.

swoop: once you chip, you don't buy games, good or crappy. trust me. the only reason you "bought the good ones" is for online play.

illegal copies could kill nintendo. it destroyed the dreamcast which was a very viable system, but the pirates killed it. that's a fact. no chip is even necessary. I have a whole stack of every US dc game made and then some. NO CHIP. Just burn em and ur set.

Dude: it wasn't shut down because of mod chips, it was because people were buying psp consoles from other region. nothing to do with games/mod chips.

Retman said:
but that won't happen with wii owners who have modchips. Modchips can go "stealth mode" where the wii console can not detect if a modchip is installed.:yesnod: :yesnod:

Sound, maybe worth looking into then...:smilewinkgrin:

there is this shop in our place that sell around 9 to 15 wiis on weekdays.. i was there this am, 1 hr into the store openning, they sold 3 units... probably more on weekends.. wow.. nintendo is earning.. modded or not.

Retman said:
but that won't happen with wii owners who have modchips. Modchips can go "stealth mode" where the wii console can not detect if a modchip is installed.

not true. some xbox chips had the so-called stealthmode, but they still got banned from xbox live. microsoft found a way to detect them. i wouldn't be surprised if nintendo would do the same

erm yea piracy is bad my wii is mod free I love original boxes and discs= the smell of a fresh game is just indescribable. Although I would like to back up some of my most prized games but I think I will not open up my wii and start soldering on it, no sir. However a softmod would be veery tempting :p I'd still consider it.

Vive le resistance, power to the people, crack and hack everything all for it, just I dont want to do anything illeagal.

Hack the planet!

BTW I heared that the Xbox gay ban thingy was already cracked and can be prevented with some firmware update or something - just something I read somewhere... also is it true I have to PAY to go online with a xbox360?

Some misinformation in this thread. Although this may change Nintendo has been repairing SPM bricked Wiis in the UK for a fee.

dreamcastninja: Your statements are too general. The legality of modchips varies greatly depending on where you live. I wrote a long message about this today. A great example - the "supreme court" in Australia decided that modchips are completely legal ;) http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20051005224033402

dreamcastninja said:
oh yea, backup copies are illegal and the biggest load of BS I have ever seen in my life. Don't even use that excuse. Take care of your games. If there is some lamer out there that actually makes those "backup or archival copies" you're an idiot.

apparently you dont have kids.. LOL backups come in handy and im not an idiot.

dreamcastninja said:
illegal copies could kill nintendo. it destroyed the dreamcast which was a very viable system, but the pirates killed it. that's a fact.

so your saying the PS2 had nothing to do with the death of dreamcast?

Back