HMMM from an online newbie!

ntoliver33

WiiChat Member
Feb 18, 2014
north carolina
So I am sure these discussions have been had, but I am fairly new to Online Karting. I Climbed quickly to 8000 points (am pretty good) but it seems eclipsing 9000 points is simply a pipedream. It has happened once or twice but every time I get above 8600 points,i am suddenly the slowest kart amongst 6000 point racers, I get squid oil and green shells in next to last place, get placed with hackers (and there are a ton) who are unbeatable and bully high point racers, and will be the only person in a 9 person race without a race buddy. I understand the point system is weighted, and I have patiently observed before stating what appears to be an obvious check and balance system. It reminds me of the old online poker back in the early 2000's where a clear algorithm was preventing most players from gaining or losing too much because the operators knew how to keep people playing. Seems Kart does the same thing. Not a conspiracy guy at all, but it is literally every time I climb around 8800 points, and it is literally the same process each time. The best part: Played Friday, did well and got to 8890 or so. Played Monday and within an hour lost 600 points including losing my connection 4 times at about 200 points a pop. And 3 times I was about to finish in first the other time was in a race with a bunch of bullies, got a lead and lost the connection. I mean every time I get up there in points...this happens. EVERYTIME!!!!!!! I can't be the only one right?

Yea, I still love playing...a lot. Racing is the fun factor...not wining. But there seem to be some suspicious inconsistencies, and it is easy to feel like a MarioKart whipping boy.

Back