Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HMMM from an online newbie!

Discussion in 'Mario Kart Wii' started by ntoliver33, Feb 18, 2014.

1. ntoliver33

ntoliver33 WiiChat Member

So I am sure these discussions have been had, but I am fairly new to Online Karting. I Climbed quickly to 8000 points (am pretty good) but it seems eclipsing 9000 points is simply a pipedream. It has happened once or twice but every time I get above 8600 points,i am suddenly the slowest kart amongst 6000 point racers, I get squid oil and green shells in next to last place, get placed with hackers (and there are a ton) who are unbeatable and bully high point racers, and will be the only person in a 9 person race without a race buddy. I understand the point system is weighted, and I have patiently observed before stating what appears to be an obvious check and balance system. It reminds me of the old online poker back in the early 2000's where a clear algorithm was preventing most players from gaining or losing too much because the operators knew how to keep people playing. Seems Kart does the same thing. Not a conspiracy guy at all, but it is literally every time I climb around 8800 points, and it is literally the same process each time. The best part: Played Friday, did well and got to 8890 or so. Played Monday and within an hour lost 600 points including losing my connection 4 times at about 200 points a pop. And 3 times I was about to finish in first the other time was in a race with a bunch of bullies, got a lead and lost the connection. I mean every time I get up there in points...this happens. EVERYTIME!!!!!!! I can't be the only one right?

2. Zeldagal

Zeldagal neocat3

Wii Friend Code: 6067-8078-3900-2305
    6067-8078-3900-2305
    I'm pretty positive that used to happen to me a lot as well, so I doubt you're the only one :)

3. ntoliver33

ntoliver33 WiiChat Member

Yea, I still love playing...a lot. Racing is the fun factor...not wining. But there seem to be some suspicious inconsistencies, and it is easy to feel like a MarioKart whipping boy.