Holiday Season?

Xbox 360 will sell more units than the Wii will. Look at all the games coming out for it.

thats not a valid comment cause look at all the games coming out for the wii. What games other than Halo 3 do you think are going to be boosting 360 sales. For the wii we have; wii fit, metroid prime 3, mario galaxy, SSBB, Nights, RE:Umbrella Chronicles, and more.

I think Halo 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV will generate a lot of sales for the XBOX 360 this holiday season, but the Nintendo Wii also has a few good games coming out along with a lower price. The thing that's holding XBOX back in my opinion is the hardware problems. The console is infamous for it's red lights of death (overheating) and even though Microsoft put out an extended free three year warranty to cover the problem, gamers still have to go through horrible customer support and wait for repairs if... WHEN their 360's will break.

Yeah i agree those two games will generate alot of sales... but this is what it comes down too everyone will have a wii and a 360 before this generation is over and the people that like metal gear solid will be forced to buy a PS3... i was just looking at your nexgenwars.com thing and it totally has to be wrong wii has sold more than that i think along with the 360 and i think the ps3 has sold less but thats just my gut feelings i could be 100% wrong.

Nintendo93 said:
I think Halo 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV will generate a lot of sales for the XBOX 360 this holiday season, but the Nintendo Wii also has a few good games coming out along with a lower price. The thing that's holding XBOX back in my opinion is the hardware problems. The console is infamous for it's red lights of death (overheating) and even though Microsoft put out an extended free three year warranty to cover the problem, gamers still have to go through horrible customer support and wait for repairs if... WHEN their 360's will break.

I believe GTA has been delayed until next year.
And yes, that's a problem with the 360 but honestly I don't think that's going to be enough from people to really slow them down considerably.

I'd have to say Vgchartz is more accurate then nexgenwars. The Wii is very close to taking over the 360, and the PS3 is at roughly half of what the Wii has sold.

Yeah GTA is coming out in 08, not this year, but its not going to stop them from selling. Like I said before though, the Wii has great exclusives (Galaxy, Brawl, Prime) and also has the non-exclusive games (Guitar Hero, Smackdown vs. Raw) that will help keep sales good, and may edge a few buyers into buying a Wii over 360. Just my thoughts, and as well as those games, I believe Wii Fit and Mario Kart are coming out early 08, so that will just help out so much more.

Keep in mind people that the 360 got a price drop, along with a 3 year warranty to remedy the 3 ring of death problem. The 360 has a VERY impressive lineup of games coming out this fall and that can boost it's sales. The Wii on the other hand has an excellent lineup of games as well, but I just don't want the Wii to sell more. If it does it will be the end of gaming as we know it and I don't like the sound of that.

masonb15 said:
Keep in mind people that the 360 got a price drop, along with a 3 year warranty to remedy the 3 ring of death problem. The 360 has a VERY impressive lineup of games coming out this fall and that can boost it's sales. The Wii on the other hand has an excellent lineup of games as well, but I just don't want the Wii to sell more. If it does it will be the end of gaming as we know it and I don't like the sound of that.
lol. End of gaming?
Seriously, what are you talking about?

Yes the price drop will help, but it won't help stay above the Wii in sales. I don't think the Wii is just going to see a decrease in consoles sold anytime within this year, it's finally coming out with some good games, and will help considerably.

And that three year warranty, sure it helps, but it's by no means a remedy. The Rrod is still a problem, the warranty is just there so that people who bought a 360 and have that problem don't have to buy a new one. Besides, you still have to go through Xbox support and wait almost a month before you can get a new 360. I'd rather just use an in store warranty and if it breaks somehow, just go into the store return it, and get a new one. The new warranty offers releif, not a remedy.

Back