Holy hellll....

I doubt wether it'll get that cheap in 3 years time no console becomes that cheap in that amount of time.
The ps2 dropped £200 over the 6 years of its life in the UK althouh the PS3 might dropper quicker because that is a big big price

deity_link said:
I doubt wether it'll get that cheap in 3 years time no console becomes that cheap in that amount of time.
The ps2 dropped £200 over the 6 years of its life in the UK althouh the PS3 might dropper quicker because that is a big big price
Agreed... I preordered my Wii for £179? PS3 is £549? Now i aint no fanboy.. i had both a PS2 and a Gamecube.. and the only thing I hate about PS3 is the price.. but OVER 3 times the price of the Wii, makes the price of the PS3:crazy:

PS3 might have the most advanced technology and might be great but "money talks" and a lot of people aren't willing to spend that much money on a console

Ah, but do you know what's in the PS3 to make it that price? ;)

CPU: Cell Processor
GPU: RSX
Sound: Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-based processing)
Memory: 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM
HDD: 2.5" Serial ATA (60GB)
I/O: USB 2.0 (x4) - MemoryStick/SD/CompactFlash
Communication: Ethernet (x1 / 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) - IEEE 802.11 b/g - Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
Wireless controller (Bluetooth)
AV Output: Screen size 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI OUT - (x1 / HDMI NextGen)
AV MULTI OUT (x1)
DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) (x1)
BD/DVD/CD Drive (Read Only): Maximum Read Speed BD 2x (BD-ROM), DVD 8x (DVD-ROM), CD 24x (CD-ROM)
Super Audio CD 2x
Full backwards compatability of PS1 and PS2
Free online gaming

I think it's well worth the price that you pay. I'm not buying it for the power, or because I think it's better than the Wii or 360, it's because of the exclusive games and next-gen gameplay. I'm also buying the Wii because of the unique gameplay and exclusive titles.

Yay Wii and PS3!

Butttt maybe it has all this hi tech great stuff... but i personally cant afford that amount.. maybe you can.. even my parents wouldnt be able to afford it..

Like I said you;d really have to want it and use it a lot to be willling to spend so much on a just the console

Yeah, the PS3 has all the hi-tech stuff like 60gig hard drive and blue ray dvd's and games and in Hi-def but i don't care $1000 is way too much, thats what you spend on a computer and it would be better than the PS3, thats why the Wii is the best choice :)

Pfft, PS3 is like able to do all those queer stuff, everything except GAMING! Isnt that why buy consoles? So we can play games? Not so we can watch Blue Ray movies and shiznit, we buy consoles so we can play GAMES lke we have never played them before, i dont think PS3 should even be categorised as a console

Have you seen what blue ray films are out
same as dvd (not meny extras)

m7ticalm said:
Pfft, PS3 is like able to do all those queer stuff, everything except GAMING! Isnt that why buy consoles? So we can play games? Not so we can watch Blue Ray movies and shiznit, we buy consoles so we can play GAMES lke we have never played them before, i dont think PS3 should even be categorised as a console

Yeah, it's basicly a computer but there is one up side to it, the graphics, they are amazing.

Back