honestly im a little upset about the announcements

Jakobthelyre

WiiChat Member
Aug 22, 2006
So The launch details has its ups and downs,

Ups:
The wii comes with Wii sports and there are 2 extra games on that.
The wii has channels and stuff
and the wii
Virtual console games are pretty expensive

Downs:
Wii doesnt come out until november 19th!
Thats exactly 1 day after the same day that the gamecube was launched : the 18th, and that was a sunday. We thought we could crack the code. I thought at first they were going to launch it at november 18th but i figured they would try a new marketing scheme.
CONTROLLERS ARE FREAKIN EXPENSIVE! they should just sell the nunchuck device with the controller for 40 bucks, that would make sence.
No dvd playback thingy?
249.99? i mean cmon you berely kept your promise. thats like promising your 5 year old son mcdonalds today, then going into some trash can and finding him some half eaten hamberger, then saying "there i still kept my promise right?"

refer to joystiq's "Wii's now and then"
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/14/wii-then-and-now/

come to think of it why should i complain now? i should just get the system first. im sure nitnendo put all they had into it. and i dont think it would be possible with all these channel things, if it werent for the great sucsess in the DS these past months.

well the console would be about 210 without wii sports, its a nice bonus to get you familiar with the controllers, and think most games are gonna be $50, and controller with nunchuk is 60, where on other systems games are 60 and controllers are 40-50, which do you buy more? whos really getting the better deal now?
who cares about dvd playback, made it cheaper, everyone already has a dvd player
and hwo is expenisve VC an UP? well their not expensive really. well the n64 ones are cheap, and so are the NES, i think SNES could have been 7 atleast, sure their a TAD pricey but you get them, forever! n64 gmaes for 10 bucks? nwo thats cheap. i personaly think it should be: NES-3 bucks SNES-5 bucks N64-10

Sovieto said:
well the console would be about 210 without wii sports, its a nice bonus to get you familiar with the controllers, and think most games are gonna be $50, and controller with nunchuk is 60, where on other systems games are 60 and controllers are 40-50, which do you buy more? whos really getting the better deal now?
who cares about dvd playback, made it cheaper, everyone already has a dvd player
and hwo is expenisve VC an UP? well their not expensive really. well the n64 ones are cheap, and so are the NES, i think SNES could have been 7 atleast, sure their a TAD pricey but you get them, forever! n64 gmaes for 10 bucks? nwo thats cheap. i personaly think it should be: NES-3 bucks SNES-5 bucks N64-10

The non-DVD playback made it cheaper? Dude, it's at the highest price it can be right now. If they added DVD Playback it would probably be the same price.

well thats what they say, if it makes it 10 bucks cheaper then it makes it 10 bucks cheaper, and it might have interferred with the size, since they orgininaly said it will come as like an attachment. and still: everyone has a dvd player.

People need to cut the bitching! Nintendo has compiled a great deal! They have to make a profit if they want to make it in the console bussiness. We as gamers need to suport our system. The controllers are priced fair. It is the most advance controller ever! This is truely revolutionary! Regular 360 controllers are like 50 bucks... the games are 60 bucks. Really there is nothing to complain about. They are releasing the system in november. They must have a good reason for doing so. they have not even started advertising it yet, they have to plan things right. They are doing fine and I have nothing to complain about...

Everyone who is complaining about the controller price clearly knows nothing about electronics production. For the components on the board alone, Nintendo is likely making very little proffit on that. Then you have to throw in the software (and yes, there is software stored on the controller). They have to make up for the time it takes to code that onto the chips, not to mention all the hours they had to play people to make that softare. It's really not that bad.

lets also keep in mind this is totaly new technology, detecting in 3d space, and all that, everything when it first comes out is a tad expensive, it should go down soon once they find a better way to produce it

Back