Hopefully developers will realize the same....

My basis for calling you a fanboy is the posts I use to read from you in the PS3 section of the wiichat forums back in the day.

And the only reason why the children were whining about their wii's is because they had some misconception that the ps3 or 360 is a lot funner.

I have a ps3 and 360 and I have played gears of war more than almost any other game, and I still don't find either of them to be funner than the wii.

mushroomedmario said:
maybe it's cause all you do is play wii sports and zelda, paintballer but like vagrant and samus101, i am very happy with the wiimote and/or nunchuck
How do you know what I play? Stalker? The reason I only play Zelda and Wii Sports is because they are the only good games that aren't extremely short. I rent games for it, but I haven't found any that would be worth of buying unless you have people over to play multiplayer all the time. The only other game that would be worth of buying is Paper Mario, but it is pretty short too and I could probably finish it by renting it again. I can tell you I'm definetly not a fanboy of any type. I am fairly neutral. On topic, it seems the developers believe that the Wii is just a gimmick too so they are producing shitty quality games very quickly to make some quick money.

Edit: From what I wrote in the PS3 section? I was arguing against the PS3 for quite a while in there and I still do to an extent.

Last edited:
paintba||er said:

How do you know what I play? Stalker? The reason I only play Zelda and Wii Sports is because they are the only good games that aren't extremely short. I rent games for it, but I haven't found any that would be worth of buying unless you have people over to play multiplayer all the time. The only other game that would be worth of buying is Paper Mario, but it is pretty short too and I could probably finish it by renting it again. I can tell you I'm definetly not a fanboy of any type. I am fairly neutral. On topic, it seems the developers believe that the Wii is just a gimmick too so they are producing shitty quality games very quickly to make some quick money

Do you even pay attention to the gaming world...? Like how all these huge name developers are excited to work with the wii and how they are putting out these huge lists of games they want to develope.

Just because you have an annoying font color doesn't mean you have to act dumb :(

Being a Final Fantasy fanboy is almost as bad as being a ps3 fanboy.

paintba||er said:

Thats mature, claim idiotic things with no basis to do so.

Obviously everyone has different opinions, but there are many people who agree with me. Were you not around when everyone was making threads about hating their Wiis and stuff? More people agreed with them than didn't.

I'm not going to sell it, because they are very cheap and if a good exclusive game happens to come out I can play it. So, if we aren't Wii fanboys and we actually acknowledge that the console has faults then we don't deserve to own one? There are people that come to this forum that don't even own a Wii anymore, but they still come. What you are saying is that if you aren't a Wii fanboy then you shouldn't come here which is idiotic much like fanboys of any kind. I'm not going to get rid of it, and I do participate in other forums, but that doesn't mean I'm going to leave this one. So deal with the fact that the Wii has many faults and there are some people that aren't fanboys on here.

You can participate in whatever forum you want, but i just don't think it's appropriate that you complain or bash certain imperfections about the Wii.
Everyone knows it's not a flawless console, but you should realize that there are alot of new members here that are also new Wii owners and by saying that this gets old and that gets old, your taking them off their new high of their recent Wii purchase and you might even make them second guess their purchase and thats not what we want.
All of us want the Nintendo and Wii community to grow, don't forget Nintendo is still the underdog, no matter how far ahead they are in sales right now.
Nintendo is still the only company that derives it's total income from video game hardware and software, while Microsoft & Sony still have their other products to build up their revenue. So the bottom line is we still need as much support and Wii fans as we can get.

Macmutt said:
You can participate in whatever forum you want, but i just don't think it's appropriate that you complain or bash certain imperfections about the Wii.
Everyone knows it's not a flawless console, but you should realize that there are alot of new members here that are also new Wii owners and by saying that this gets old and that gets old, your taking them off their new high of their recent Wii purchase and you might even make them second guess their purchase and thats not what we want.
All of us want the Nintendo and Wii community to grow, don't forget Nintendo is still the underdog, no matter how far ahead they are in sales right now.
Nintendo is still the only company that derives it's total income from video game hardware and software, while Microsoft & Sony still have their other products to build up their revenue. So the bottom line is we still need as much support and Wii fans as we can get.
That is very stupid. It is good to make them think about their purchase so they don't regret it. I don't really give a **** about the company, I care about the console and the games it has. I don't care if the Wii community grows or not, that is Nintendo's problem not ours. About "taking them off their new high" I don't really care about them anyway.

vagrant said:
You mean YOU FEEL the control scheme gets old? Because you definitely don't speak for me.
QUOTED FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!

I still play the Wii all the time, honestly don't know what people moan about. I genuinly have never had as much fun (alone or with people) on a console before.

isn't nintendo worth more than sony(to macmutt's post)

nand i think nintendo is going to start directing the shitty games to wiiware next year(so basically gc quality games)

and i was talking abotu big third parties, like sega,

i don't think atari has any future announced games for the ps3(sorry for bashign the ps3, just everywhere i look on the web, it always compares wii to ps3)

Uh oh

paintba||er said:

That is very stupid. It is good to make them think about their purchase so they don't regret it. I don't really give a **** about the company, I care about the console and the games it has. I don't care if the Wii community grows or not, that is Nintendo's problem not ours. About "taking them off their new high" I don't really care about them anyway.

Well i'm no expert but i think you just violated a couple of rules of this forum with that last reply of yours, so we might not be hearing from you much longer anyway...and as for you not caring for the welfare of the company that makes our favorite console or the rest of us Wii owners, well i don't think thats very nice but to each his own.

mushroomedmario said:
and i was talking abotu big third parties, like sega
Read the thread about Sega questioning the Wii's longevity or something like that. They think the PS3 will do better in the long run, so that means they will probably develop their better games on the PS3.

Edit: What rules did I break? Nothing too serious.

no cause developing for the wii is still cheaper, my guess is that they'll stick to the wii until the ps3 gets momentum to catch up with the wii(which i do'nt think is going to happen)

paintba||er said:

Read the thread about Sega questioning the Wii's longevity or something like that. They think the PS3 will do better in the long run, so that means they will probably develop their better games on the PS3.

Their better games? Like Sonic The Hedgehog?

paintba||er said:

I haven't played it yet, but from the reviews it doesn't seem to good. Now that I think about it, Sega doesn't have much for good games anymore.

I'm glad you saw my point.

paintba||er said:

Missed the thing I posted about NAMCO-BANDAI, SEGA and Capcom shifting focus towards Wii and DS then did you

PS3 or 360 i know them well

paintba||er said:

Yeah well i've owned and traded the 360 and PS3 back and forth for the past 6 to 8 months and iv'e owned, played and beat the best they've had to offer.
Fact of the matter is " WHAT GETS OLD " is the HD graphics and constant button mashing of the old standard controller.
Actually if you paid any attention to the media you'd know that most developers have labeled the PS3 the hardest console to program for and the biggest joke in the latest console war with the lowest install base and sales on the market.
Oh and the rules you may have broken are such things as getting hostile while using profanity towards another member, as opposed to just peacefully stating your side of the arguement.

Back