Hopefully developers will realize the same....

Yeah Baby

Major Tom said:
I say the wii is awesome. 360 games feel all the same to me 90% of games coming out for it now are FPS's..... They all feel the same. Gears of War, Darkness, even Halo 3 after an hour or two you dont play it again.... My friend is a huge 360 fanboy wont even look at a wii or PS3 yet he says the same thing I do..... The games are repetitive minimal button differences. If I win doing something a certain way in gears of war it works in halo 3, Crackdown, Lost Planet, & Darkness also. The 360 is boring if you ask me.

Bravo Major Tom, i could'nt have put it better myself, i think over 50% of the 360's library is shooters, and forget about playing fighting games like Fight Night RD- 3 or DOA-4, after like 10 to 15 minutes of playing your thumb and forearm is sore from all that button mashing, i've just had enough of it, it is all the same i needed a different gaming experience and the Wii gave it to me.
Now i feel like i'm in complete control of the game and i have no more boring button mashing to worry about, and a much more varied game library to look forward to.

STOP BEING FANBOYS........:p ok i like the 360 and wii but PS3 . hmm, i would get it ONLY for MGS4 which is pretty good i would only get 360 for halo 3, i got the wii because i wanted to be part of something new. now for the games, wii has pretty weak games about now and they are going to sell heaps with mario, MP3 and brawl probably most anticipated game of 2007.

In the end just give the wii time and good things will happen.

personally for me the controls are fine. it is what it is. developers choose the wii system for games because it has a huge fan base and is continuing to grow.

the ps3 and xbox 360 is in another category i'm afraid. they aren't "new-gen" systems. they are next-gen.

arcticreaver said:
personally for me the controls are fine. it is what it is. developers choose the wii system for games because it has a huge fan base and is continuing to grow.

the ps3 and xbox 360 is in another category i'm afraid. they aren't "new-gen" systems. they are next-gen.
The systems themselves may be "Next-Gen" but the games coming out for the PS3 or 360 are little or no difference from the X-BOX & PS2 Games......

mushroomedmario said:
i guess...

but what's the deal with cc anyways(sorry for being a bit off-topic)

is it the same characters for every game

same relative plot for each one?

does it have sid in each game?
As far as I'm aware, threre's only been 1 Crystal Chronicles game out, which is the one for the Gamecube.

The characters aren't the same (considering you have a choice of 32 of playing as). The plot as far as I'm aware is fairly undisclosed with the newer games too.

Cid, I'm not sure about. I know it does have quite a few of the enemies, like malboro's and Ochus and the like.

Here's the trailer for the Wii version - notice it's single player, has no miasma or chalice and uses a form of technology beyond caravans...
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl_Ej2fU42M[/media]

MacMutt and Squall7 - bravo, a well thought out discussion against Paintballer's, imho sometimes brutal, opinions; to all the others as well there have been some great responses to a great thread regarding Wii controls and graphics.

If I could just chip into all the above posts so far, generally speaking.

What needs to be said out loud here [again and again] is that Nintendo have never once mentioned that the Wii; be it controls or graphics; was ever to compete in the Big 3's arena. Nintendo have no interest in the side of the market which gives us HD graphics and super fanactical hardcore gaming experiences!

The focus on the control system is the lions share of the experience and if you take the time and effort to concentrate on what you are doing during..say Godfather or Wiisport etc etc...then you will realise that in the 25+ years of the modern gaming industry, NO OTHER SYSTEM - has had the ability to provide gesticulated control over a game with such accuracy and at such a price. This [paintballer] is where the "novelty" cannot wear off. Take stock of what you are actually doing with your movements and realise that PS-6axis can't achieve this. Fair play to Sony for bringing it in but it isn't the Wii experience!

I will be the first to admit that some of the games have / are below par with utilisation of the control system but they are also spot on in some others. You may say that this is a novelty but Wii is a child with some new toys - dev's will amaze you with things you didn't think possible in the near future [if all goes to plan]. So, please persevere with the experience, it is there and it will come. Don't be negative. Normalisation only occurs when you are waiting for another fresh experience - Wii seems to provide them over the other 2 consoles, but they will adapt but not in the same way. There will be as much choice as you can handle when PS3 and Wii have some long lingering dev time put into them...Cheesus, they are only babies at the minute - cutting their teeth so to speak - wait till they develop - but not down the same path of course! :smilewinkgrin:

As Squall7 has so eloquently outlined, Wii's graphics have not even begun to flourish, it will come with dev time and experience, do you honestly think that Wii's capabilities are just above GC - this uses a different chipset [from what I've read] and hence it's not the power but the implementation that will create results - Chimps!, we are only 7 months into an estimated 5+ year life cycle - why the complaints, there are playable games out there, which use the Wii control system to great effect - compare Redsteel to Godfather - the control system, whilst different has tightened up no end. Something to think about for the next 6 months. As for graphics - they are functional and the lighting / particle / reflection and fire effect are truly stunning in the games i have played - this goes to show that there is untapped potential in the system.

I for one welcome the expansion of all the platforms, as long as there is some substance to go with them - Wii/DS suit me at the minute, although I agree that the control system isn't suited to all the game genres that are being pushed to the systems, developers are realising this and are compensating as such with alternative control methods!!

I only bought a Wii for the innovative control system as the other systems hold no real appeal - I have been gaming for 25 years and button mashing hadn't lost it's novelty until.......:cool:

NB: If you aren't getting any pleasure out of the system - don't play it! There's no gun to your head.....yet :shocked:

I don't feel the need to read this whole argument, but I definitely think that the control system is awesome. I wouldn't be able to play my Wii actively for three months with only two games if it were not for the controls. It really does feel like you're more in the game and have more control. I never really liked sports titles, but since the Wiimote is in there, Wii Sports is a very good game in my opinion. Even though the Wiimote is different than what we're used to, I love it once I got used to it.

As for the PS3 and 360, (let me clear up that I'm not a fanboy, for I respect every console and all opinions) I don't like them as much because not only do they have the basically same controller, (which isn't necessarily bad) but they also have no games that appeal to me. Resistance? Gears of War? I know they're incredible games for that genre, but where are the games with the light-hearted atmosphere? Super Paper Mario, Warioware, etc.

Anyway, I guess I'm steering a bit off-topic on that note. Those are my two bits, free to chew on.

Jay61 said:
QUOTED FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!

I still play the Wii all the time, honestly don't know what people moan about. I genuinly have never had as much fun (alone or with people) on a console before.
nope, EVERYBODY gets tired of the control scheme
just like ALL xbox 360s break
and NOBODY buys PS3s

Sovieto said:
and NOBODY buys PS3s
I havent :)

And not all 360s break.

Your right about the PS3's mind.

Who would've thought ?

Who would've thought we'd have to defend our precious Wii's in a Wii forum, in a system wars forum yes but here....too sad.
Believe it or not i am 38 years old with a wife, 6yr old son and another baby on the way, i have been gaming since i was 8 years old ( 30 years ) in 1977 i started with a Telstar system which had a dial on it to switch between, ironically enough sport games, and 2 paddle controls then of course 3 months later i moved on to the Atari 2600 and i have owned every console to come after that up until now.
Through all that time the only constant has been Nintendo, the only one that were always there who were trying to innovate game play and the fun games posessed, the only ones left standing since back in the day when Atari consoles shared the same store shelf, now why do you think that is ?, most of us here already know, some will call it luck but we, who are life long gamers who have played since gaming began are well aware of the truth.
To last in this business you must perservere you must strive to reinvent yourself, the games, the controls and the sheer fun of all games and never get known for one particular genre of games or game controls, and nobody, i repeat
" NOBODY " knows that better than Nintendo.
So to any and all who would be hasty and foolish enough to judge Nintendo on the basis of a new control scheme that you might not like or a few titles that you may have played out to your boredom, you people should be ashamed, because not only haven't you seen anything yet, but mark my words you will see Nintendo out last even it's most recent competitors.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
and NOBODY buys PS3s
Sarcasm FTW!

I think people need to differentiate between their own opinions and supposed fact.

People all feel differently about different things. However, there is never a need to judge people on it. Since I got Mortal Kombat Armageddon, my Wii has been on more often than not. Once I completed MK Armageddon, I got Downhill Jam for my birthday. I actually really enjoyed it. Then last Friday, I got Resident Evil 4, and have been amazed by the improvements made to it. I can honestly say that in the end, even when I wasn't playing the Wii much, I was in anticipation of more Wii games. The wiimote is now a norm for me, and I like it.

Oh, and on the PS3 front, I don't mean to sound like a fanboy or anything, but where I live, they've still got them stocked up. They can't sell them. Some places have even dropped the console to £400 (£25 discount) or are offering a free games with it.

Macmutt said:
Who would've thought we'd have to defend our precious Wii's in a Wii forum, in a system wars forum yes but here....too sad.

Macmutt - can't we say 'affirming' and not 'defending'? - after all there wasn't really a solid argument to start with! :smilewinkgrin:

I, like you, have been gaming for 25+years but only jumped into Nintendo with the GC and now have DS / Wii - the DS for me typifies what a gaming platform should be regarding what I wanted overall - Fun and Innovation. Although I am not as much devoted to the Wii as I ever was with Sega: but I am coming round: when they produced hardware it certainly cost me some money [like it isn't now!?] :wink: BUT Nintendo certainly have given this jaded gamer something to get his teeth into again.

Long may it continue....

I can't see the controls getting boring/seeming normal as stated. New games come out with new ways of controlling the game. So there will always be something new.

Back