Host Advantage

yea thats true usually when i play msc i don't lag if the other person has a good connection so it probably depends on each users connection. and host advantage wouldn't be fair especially if there were rankings

There is a slight solution to this but seeing as dragon ball z 3 is not doing so well in that department i don't know if it will work. its where nintendo hosts the rooms and two or however many players come into that room and if one person drops it doesnt cut the game out and the other three or however many can still play. but there is still the problem of how well you connect to that server. It also solves the problem of those lame losers that when they get there but kicked they quit out the game to avoid a loss and keep you from getting the win. Its a problem that has been in online gaming for a while.

yungblood6 said:
There is a slight solution to this but seeing as dragon ball z 3 is not doing so well in that department i don't know if it will work. its where nintendo hosts the rooms and two or however many players come into that room and if one person drops it doesnt cut the game out and the other three or however many can still play. but there is still the problem of how well you connect to that server. It also solves the problem of those lame losers that when they get there but kicked they quit out the game to avoid a loss and keep you from getting the win. Its a problem that has been in online gaming for a while.

actually if someone leaves, they just get replaced by a CPU....so sakurai fixed that problem

Well if the online play in this game is bad, then I won't be playing online (and possibly not getting the game at all).

I'd hope that the games will be hosted on a Nintendo server, but it doesn't really matter how Nintendo does this, they better do it well.

Sovieto said:
Will this turn you off from the online? How will wiichat tourneys be held if there is host advantage? Who will be the host? Lag in fighters is the reason they were one of the last genres to go online, it kills them completely.
Neutral host who isnt actually competing, just stands there?

I don't think it will be too bad since this is a pretty important game for the wii.

Hopefully they just have dedicated servers.

What?

Smash Bros revolves around perfecting phrames and start-up times. If I'm understanding this concept right, this would all be scrapped? That would hurt the host...

LevesqueIsKing said:
What?

Smash Bros revolves around perfecting phrames and start-up times. If I'm understanding this concept right, this would all be scrapped? That would hurt the host...
host no lag, what they do happens and overrides what others thought they did.

It still doesn't make any sense. The host has no lag (My falcon punch releases in one frame?) and has superiority over every move (My falcon punch can't be stopped).

wtf?

Back