how can i completely turn off Virtua Console?

JoonKimDDS

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
I was playing Super Mario world and press the home button to go to wii menu and turned off the console.

After 3 hours, I turned the system back on and entered mario world and it started from exactly where i left the game using the home button.

and also the disc tray was keep blinking blue when i turned it off.
It makes me think that wii is keep running even when i turn it off and i don't think that's a good thing.

Is there anyway to completely turn off the Virtua console so that it starts all the way from the beginning of the game menu instead of starting from where i left? This isn't about the saving game data by the way. I know how to save. But i am saying it doesn't start from game menu like the one you see when you press reset button.

It is just like another way of saving your progress. It doesn't run when you turn it off. If you want to start from the beginning of the game, you need to hit reset after pressing the home button while playing. However, in doing so, you will lose all UNSAVED data up to that point.

It's actually a feature. It's called Wiiconnect24.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiiConnect24

At the E3 2006 Nintendo Conference, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata described Wii as "the system that never sleeps."[2] The WiiConnect24 system requires about the same amount of power as a miniature light bulb.[3]

WiiConnect24 can be turned on or off via the Wii's Setup Interface. The Wii Optical Drive will glow a neon-blue color when content has been received. The brightness level of this blue color can also be changed via the Setup Interface, with the options of Bright, Dim, or Off. The Wii's Power LED shows the current status of WiiConnect24 when the system is powered off:

Red: system in standby, WiiConnect24 is off.
Orange: system in standby, WiiConnect24 is on.

I think it's the circuitry of the Wii that requires less of an electric charge to work, and produces very little heat because of it. It's designed to work fine, even on standby mode.

Squall7 said:
It's actually a feature. It's called Wiiconnect24.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiiConnect24

I think it's the circuitry of the Wii that requires less of an electric charge to work, and produces very little heat because of it. It's designed to work fine, even on standby mode.
what is the point of not letting wii go to sleep?
isn't it better to let it go to sleep and also save the electrocity?

JoonKimDDS said:
what is the point of not letting wii go to sleep?
isn't it better to let it go to sleep and also save the electrocity?
Might save a bit on Electricity, but it's neccessary if you want your friends to send you messages while you are away...

wikipedia said:
During an interview with the Japanese newspaper, Nikkei Business Publications, Nintendo's CEO Satoru Iwata revealed that the WiiConnect24 could be used for the downloading of demos for the Nintendo DS.[4]

"Let's say your Wii is connected to the Internet in a mode that allows activation on a 24-hour basis. This would allow Nintendo to send monthly promotional demos for the DS, during the night, to the Wii consoles in each household. Users would wake up each morning, find the LED lamp on their Wii flashing, and know that Nintendo has sent them something. They would then be able to download the promotional demo from their Wii systems to their Nintendo DSs."

According to Nintendo's European micro-site for the Wii, WiiConnect24 can be used to send SMS messages "to family members that are out and about", and exchange pictures and messages with other Wii users.[5]

i know i saw this site once that compared all the electricity usage of all the next-gen consoles and the Wii dominated, even with connect 24 on

I am curious... what does WiiConnect24 have to do with controlling the VC? The WiiConnect24 is not in any way related to how the Wii "remembers" where you are in the VC games. Maybe it's just me? I thought it remembered the status of your games because each game uses it's on emulated software. That way, each game is its own emulator. Instead of you loading up a emulator program (PC emulators), then selecting the game, the game is in fact both. It would be like using one dart per dartboard. It would not have to worry about other darts because there would only be one per board. You could walk in the room, select the dart board and voila, your dart would be EXACTLY where you left it.

ShawVAuto said:
I am curious... what does WiiConnect24 have to do with controlling the VC? The WiiConnect24 is not in any way related to how the Wii "remembers" where you are in the VC games. Maybe it's just me? I thought it remembered the status of your games because each game uses it's on emulated software. That way, each game is its own emulator. Instead of you loading up a emulator program (PC emulators), then selecting the game, the game is in fact both. It would be like using one dart per dartboard. It would not have to worry about other darts because there would only be one per board. You could walk in the room, select the dart board and voila, your dart would be EXACTLY where you left it.

youre right wii connect has nothing to do with VC... why would anyone want to turn that off? i think it great the VC remembers where you were.

FoxRox said:
Thank you.

yeah ive been trying to beat M.Bison for like a day i dont remember him being that "cheap" sissor kick over and over!! but with the VC saves i can just turnit on fight bison and be done with it...

Back