How did you get into your music?

I don't remember a time where I didn't worship Ayumi, but that was called the 90's. I absolutely adored the 90's in Britain because of this magical genre called Britpop. I was pretty much just raised on the Manics, Oasis and Blur. There were a couple of American influences like REM and No Doubt, but I stuck to Britpop for a whiiiile. I still utterly prefer it over JPop. It's mostly just because that's what my mum listened to and it stuck with me.

I think Ayumi was just a random click. ANDITWASTHEBESTMOVEEVER. The only other JPop artists that I listen to are KAT-TUN and YUI. I can't say I like the genre that much. I definitely prefer it to JRock, that genre is just frighteningly camp. I tried to listen to a couple of JRock songs, and I've searched for other JPop artists, but I guess I'm just severely attached to Ayumi. I need to go see her.

Right, the technotechnotechno is just due to being European and you have to like techo to be European.
And I dunno how rock happened.

...Hahahahah.
*sigh* i know

Death Metal/Industrial Metal
Just, always liked it I guess.
Grunge in my childhood years.
I'm also into trance and trip-hop. Armin Van Buuren/Lemongrass(Gman!)

When I was on neopets one day I decided to change my lookup. So obviously I was browsing sites which could help me and I came across a background track for my lookup, it was Ayumi Hamasaki - Evolution. I listened to this song once and then couldn't stop listening to it.. That's where my Jpop interest first imerged!

I dunno why it always seems to start with evolution.

I used to be into rap/ hip hop. I got into that by watching MTV when I was around 11 years old, and I liked that music up until I got to my sophomore year in high school. That's when I got into a weight lifting class, and the only music that we listened to in there was metal. At around the same time, I was already getting bored with the common themes of rap/hip-hop(you know, sex, money, violence, yada yada). Then I heard music from metallica, disturbed, linkin park, and others( though I didn't know the names of many bands besides linking park back then), and I found I really enjoyed that music more. It was so much deeper than rap.... So I sought more music like it and I stuck with it till this day. I also listen to some classical music(mostly piano pieces) because I've liked piano music for as long as I can remember. I was into J-pop for a short while(when I started watching bleach) but I got bored of it. Dang, I wrote a lot.... I always do haha.

Metal/Heavy metal/Hard rock/Rock/Grunge/Techno/Ambient
Not really sure, when I was 12ish I used to listen to Rap but now I despise the genre.
I think it was Metallica/Guns n Roses which brought me into the types of music I like today.

Well I really liked this youtube video then the song in it got stuck in my head then I looked the artist up then found more artist like it and yeah.

i heard the song iron man by black sabbath and instantly hated the rap **** i was into and knew that hard rock was for me. i then started listenin to more black sabbath and some ac/dc, and then discovered metal bands like iron maiden and metallica, which lead to heavier music like pantera, and then to bands like avenged sevenfold and all that remains.

i got into romantic music over the summer, with the inspriation of my girlfriend.

rock band also helped me listen to rock and metal. i use this music to get me pumped up to work out hard.

r&b- listening to the radio :p

Well, Grand Theft Auto Vice City opened my eyes to 80s music, which was really the beginning for me. I was listening to all this new crap at the time, which I now cannot stand at all. Then I started getting more into classic rock with Guitar Hero, and it just went from there. I started buying Led Zeppelin albums, AC/DC, etc.

So yes, Grand Theft Auto can actually help you out in some certain situations!

i have liked rap/hip-hop from i was 12/13 but i started watching anime and japanese things so now i like jpop like Asian Kung-Fu Generation and when linkin park the collision course with jay-z and Limp Bizkit i started loving them also i loved the gorillaz videos and.....

i think i like all music???

Country and classic rock......grew up with my parents listening to it and it stuck. Once in middle school I branched out to Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax.

Combination of growing up, family recommendation, friend recommendation, music channels, clubs, pubs, radio stations, television series and hearing people sing.

Basically, whatever I hear that I like, I find out what it is and do my research/download it.

I've got over 100 drafts on my phone, 99% being of where ive saved a song lyric/name so that I could get it later :p

Back