How do I know id my machine has been hard or soft modded ?

Mono

WiiChat Member
Feb 21, 2009
Hi guys

I ordered a US Wii but was sent a Korean Wii instead (I am in Thailand and this stuff happens). I rang to complain and he has promised to send out a US version next week but in the meantime he suggests I try the Korean Wii which is all in English language thankfullyBut now I have my doubts as to whether he actually installled a chip as promised or whether he has just used a software modification.

When I switch on the machine I can see several channels including the disc channel, the backup channel, homebrew and wiigator. When I put a dvd in there is no picture in the disk channel and it says error reading the disc if I click on it. Sometimes the games will work from the back up channel and if not I have to use the Wiigator channel. The homebrew channel does not work as I am not connected to the internet and I can see a gecko icon but it is blacked out too. All the games I am trying are in English language NTSCU

So has this guy installed a chip or not ? Any advice would be most welcome as I want to ensure that he definately hard mods the new US machine he is sending on Monday

Many thanks for your time and assistance

MonoXimian

hey I think you have been conned..

In general, korean version is way cheaper than US version Wii
As regards to the modding, he is not honest with you either.

Wiigator and home brew channel are signs of a soft mod. If your Wii is hard-modded, you will be able to play backup games using the Wii disc channel

hey I think you have been conned..

In general, korean version is way cheaper than US version Wii
As regards to the modding, he is not honest with you either.

Wiigator and home brew channel are signs of a soft mod. If your Wii is hard-modded, you will be able to play backup games using the Wii disc channel

you can play back ups with homebrew this is'nt really a hacking site & if ur unsure open up ur wii & see for ur self if there is it could be a clone & here's a hacking site that helps www.wiihacks.com if u go there be sure to read the tutorials on how to playback ups using the official disc channel

Back