How do you plug it in?

Lord Haku said:
The controllers will be but thats it

I believe you're wrong there, the Wii is WiFi itself, just like a laptop or PC can connect to a wireless router via the good ol 802.11b/g wireless card in it the Wii will be able to connect wirelessly to your Router. Just like the DS does, no cables there right? Once this has happened it will work just like your PC does when it surfs the net or plays games online.

Or am I wrong.

What about the people who dont have a laptop or pc , how can they connect with wi-fi to download virtual console games? do you need an internet connection to just browse the internet on wii or do you need it for virtual downloads as well? its supposed to be wifi out of the box , just plug in and play , but what if you dont have an internet connection as a lot of people dont ?

woot
of corse youll need a net link to surf

and every one I know has a conection (appart from the very old)
even my mum

cruser said:
What about the people who dont have a laptop or pc , how can they connect with wi-fi to download virtual console games? do you need an internet connection to just browse the internet on wii or do you need it for virtual downloads as well? its supposed to be wifi out of the box , just plug in and play , but what if you dont have an internet connection as a lot of people dont ?

OMG, man your spamming, uve had 3 posts and they have all been the same thing, just post it once and wait for a reply, stop spamming.:mad5: :mad2::mad:

cruser said:

Dude! Are you serious o_O?? Ofc it's wireless out of the box, that means it has the "possibility" to connect wirelessly if you have a wireless router or an adapter you can plug into your pc (that must have net access) what did you think, that the Wii was just a magic box that somehow connected to the internet even if you didn't have it o_O?

______________------------- Laptop/computer
.Wireless modem|-------------- DS
______________|-------------Wii

Whether you're using cables to connect to the internet or using a magic modem which sends internet signals through the air, your wii will be constantly conected. Obviously it helps alot more if the you have one of those "magic wireless modems" because then no matter where your wii is in your house it can be online and you don't have to worry about those silly cables.

P.S. It's quite easy to get a free wireless modem if you call up your internet service provider (ISP, the company that supplies you with the internet thingy), and just bargain with them. Say you'll switch to another company if they don't give you one. That's what I did.

Last edited:
P.S. It's quite easy to get a free wireless modem if you call up your internet service provider (ISP, the company that supplies you with the internet thingy), and just bargain with them. Say you'll switch to another company if they don't give you one. That's what I did.

I wish I could get Comcast to do that. I'm don't have it yet but probably gonna get it next month but I've called them talkin about prices and stuff. Everyone that I've talked to are dickheads and if you want one of their modems (wired) they charge you $100.

This is what you will be using if you don't have a wireless set up!

62ce2d2b-ef41-45ea-87f0-fdd3d704467b.gif

(Not actual one used with wii but it will be the exact same thing as this)​

It connects to the Wii using the usb 2.0 port in the back of the console. You connect a CAT 5 ethernet cable to the adapter then connect that to a port on your router or hub what ever you happen to have.

Or you can buy this for your pc so both your ds and wii can connect wirelessly:

Any questions i'm sure i can answer

Last edited:
why is this so damn difficult lol, its simple, you just set it up the way you set up any other console, and even then if you cant do it, yo have a manual.
Trust me, you will be able to fully connect the wii in under 5 mins.

view my set up tutorial i made it will explain in a easy way anyone can understand using images and Q and A

Back