Wireless USB and Ethernet cord.

85T/A350

WiiChat Member
Apr 14, 2007
Does the Wireless USB plug in for Online just plug in and work or do you have to do other stuff? Is there an adapter to use an ethernet cable out for the Wii?

Yes, plug in a play
There is a Ethernet adaptor which you can buy here

Other stuff...install the usb and you must have an internet connection. It works well though!

nkbswe5 said:
Other stuff...install the usb and you must have an internet connection. It works well though!

What do you mean "other stuff"

But wireless is better since you won't have cable(s) going around.

True..... All really depends on placement. allthough through ethernet you would have a larger bandwith. (not that it can be fully used NEway :( )

Wow, I barely understood the original post. Reason I say that is, "wireless USB"????

If you mean, do you need a USB WiFi adapter, NO. The Wii has WiFi built in. The Nintendo WiFi plug is only needed for DS owners who don't have a WiFi home router/access point (like a Linksys WRT54, or Dlink's models, etc.)

I clarify this because I hear people talking all the time about how one has to buy the Nintendo USB WiFi adapter to get the Wii on the net wirelessly. I've had five people argue with me that I'm wrong and that I can't be on the net since I didn't buy one. So, don't buy a USB WiFi adapter (plug, dongle, whatever you want to call it).

In general, WiFi (B/G) is not as fast as wired-LAN. Only if you are running wired 10mb and WiFi-G would your wireless be faster than your LAN.

However, broadband is no where near as fast as WiFi-B and only if you're lucky is it 1/10 the speed of WiFi-G. There are a few inexpensive Wii USB ethernet adapters on the net. Last I saw they were around $20us.

WiFi-B: 11mbps
WiFi-A/G: 54mbps
Wired Ethernet: 10/100/1000mbps
DSL: 128kbps-3000kbps (3mbps)
cable: 512kbps-8000kbps (8mbps)
Sat: typically less than 1mbps

strommsarnac the question has been answered.

Don't confuse anyone else with your numbers and figures

Back