How long will SSBB going to be sold out for?

First of all, the game doesn't have as much hype as Halo 3. 2nd, Ive never in my life not been able to buy a game because of it being sold out. Only reason why I reserve is because I just feel like it, not because I actually need to.

T3kNi9e said:
First of all, the game doesn't have as much hype as Halo 3. 2nd, Ive never in my life not been able to buy a game because of it being sold out. Only reason why I reserve is because I just feel like it, not because I actually need to.

aren't you so cool.:lol:

I doubt it will sell out due to the fact the first shipments will be quite large (Nintendo is going to want people angrier that they have to wait even longer) and that games are just a lot easier and faster to make than actual consoles. However I must disagree with the chap above in that I'm sure Brawl will out sell Halo.

It won't sell out. No game for any Nintendo system has sold out at launch. Has ANY video game ever sold out at launch?

Now that Nintendo has delayed the game AGAIN (and I wouldn't be surprised if they did it another time), they have PLENTY of time to produce more copies than will ever sell.

^i dont think they will delay it again because march 9th is the perfect date. there is daylight savings and its in the March/spring break.

pro gamer said:
what makes you not think it wil be sold out when it comes out.

Because no game title I've ever seen has ever been able to sell out on the first day.

Honestly, I picked up Soul Calibur II (used-gamecube) from Game Stop today, and the clerk actually tried to get me to reserve a copy of Brawl. He was even incredibly adamant about it.

My reasoning for refusing: everyone competes to sell the big titles...so, guaranteed, there are retailers who try to up one another on launch week. I saved 50% off another game when I bought Madden 08, $10 off when I bought Metroid: Corruption, got free gear and saved $10 along with a purchase of Guitar Hero 3, and a $25 gift card with the purchase of Galaxy. Money saved on one game eventually equals up to a free game later...it's really not that hard to find out where to make the purchase. However, you don't find about these deals until launch week, so I think it's just denying yourself the option to save a little cash if you stick with a reservation or pre-order to just one store.

Last edited:
Halo3 was sold out on the first day.

what about the people who didn't reserve it?

I haven't yet. ^_^

I will say it *might* be sold out at gamestop first day, but definately not at WM, BB, target, or any other such place.
And Halo 3 was far from sold out too. And it was marketed much more aggressively.

I feel this is a fake rumor of a shortage. Not unnecessarily crafted by Nintendo though.

you're all wrong.

the average Nintendo Wii fan does not even know what SSBB is.

The Wii has done so well because of its appeal to the previously non-gaming folk.

These people..aka...the people who saw an ad for the Wii on TV, or in their local store, and then went and bought one, are NOT on wiichat.com, IGN, gameinformer, or ANY kind of forums checking status, rumors, news EVERYDAY like we are.

Did anyone notice how commercials on TV for Strikers, and Galaxy started the day the games came out?, then you must give the average consumer a day or two to get to the store and actually buy it.

you people dont realize that we are in the VAST minority. Nintendo is not deliberately trying to appeal to us, because they know they dont have to, they know we will subscribe to wiichat, or IGN, or watch G4TV.

their goal is to target the general public, a general public who knows little if anything about this "greatly hyped" game

there will be copies of the game somewhere in your local mall on the 9th.

Eddienoteddy said:
you're all wrong.

the average Nintendo Wii fan does not even know what SSBB is.

The Wii has done so well because of its appeal to the previously non-gaming folk.

These people..aka...the people who saw an ad for the Wii on TV, or in their local store, and then went and bought one, are NOT on wiichat.com, IGN, gameinformer, or ANY kind of forums checking status, rumors, news EVERYDAY like we are.

Did anyone notice how commercials on TV for Strikers, and Galaxy started the day the games came out?, then you must give the average consumer a day or two to get to the store and actually buy it.

you people dont realize that we are in the VAST minority. Nintendo is not deliberately trying to appeal to us, because they know they dont have to, they know we will subscribe to wiichat, or IGN, or watch G4TV.

their goal is to target the general public, a general public who knows little if anything about this "greatly hyped" game

there will be copies of the game somewhere in your local mall on the 9th.

its called ads my friend. i also agree with your last two points.

Back