How long will the wii last

StumpedV.2 said:
I am very thankful that nintendo can continue to revolutionise the industry through sheer innovation.

But as stated in a previous post, developers would rather not utilise the wii's amazing capabilities, and just churn out the same old rubbish.

But that isn't their fault, it's down to the consumers, If the majority of the public were not sheep, and did not accept the tripe that is made available to them, then you would see a much more successful nintendo in terms of figures sold.

I do not, however possess a wii as of yet, because of cut backs at work, due to relocation, i am being let go. So at the moment I cannot afford :(. Oh well my DS keeps me more than happy :D

But too actually answer the thread question, I think the wii is just too appealing to not last for a good 5 years at least.
Thats why nintendo needs to stop relying on Mario, zelda, Metroid, and smashbros every console generation, and needs to come up with new ip's so that way they don't have to worry about if third parties are going to support them they will be able to support there selfs. Yes the wii is an inovating console but if no one is buying its games then how long is inovation going to last?

this questions has 2 answere

depending on wich road nint endo decides to take

if nintendo take advantage of their popularity they have right now, than they are golden

by that i mean, trying to attract a "mature" audience, maybe a new series that will capture adudiences like halo did, if they can attarct that crowed, then forge about the ps3 and the 360, because they will be dead

on the other hand........

if nintendo DOESNT take advantage of their popularity and keep on going with the same old crap, "mario games" and etc than they are doomed to catch dust in someones closet

NINTENDO, KICK SONY AND MICROSOFT WHILE THEY ARE DOWN, ITS HOW THE BUISSNESS WORLD WORKS!

zapasant93 said:
this questions has 2 answere

depending on wich road nint endo decides to take

if nintendo take advantage of their popularity they have right now, than they are golden

by that i mean, trying to attract a "mature" audience, maybe a new series that will capture adudiences like halo did, if they can attarct that crowed, then forge about the ps3 and the 360, because they will be dead

on the other hand........

if nintendo DOESNT take advantage of their popularity and keep on going with the same old crap, "mario games" and etc than they are doomed to catch dust in someones closet

NINTENDO, KICK SONY AND MICROSOFT WHILE THEY ARE DOWN, ITS HOW THE BUISSNESS WORLD WORKS!

you said it very correctly, i think you should definitely post this to nintnedo by e-mail!!

Unless they can release a few hot-seller titles, then the system has maybe a year left before people lose interest. SSBB has a lot of gamer hype but a fighting game isn't likely to be enough. Mario Galaxy might interest people. Nintendo needs a system seller game. They haven't had anything with the draw of Halo in years. They need something that stores will hold a midnight release event for.

They also fail to mention on the box that this thing is BC with Gamecube titles. I wonder how many casual buyers just don't know it can play CG games too?

The Wii in many ways can be compared to the PS2. I'd say 6 years. The better question is how long the PS3 will last. In 5 years Microsoft will have a new console that will surpass the PS3, and probably be drastically cheaper. I know Sony brags about the power of their console, but currently PCs are more powerful than the PS3. Go buy a Nvidia 8800 if you want proof. It's godly.

Back