How many inserted disc in backwards?

Lethal

Extreme Gamer
Nov 20, 2006
Missouri
Wii Online Code
4683-8466-6765-2704
I am just curious. WHen I first got the Wii I assumed that the printed part of the disc would face the left and I put the cd in backwards. How many others did the same thing?

I did once. Last night. After I already knew better. It *does* really seem like it should go in with the label to the left. I wonder why that is, and if in other parts of the world where they write from right to left, they maybe insert it the right way instinctively.

Uhm... If you lay your Wii onto the ground, not into the vertical-stand-thingy, you put the Disc with the printed side up, right?

Hehe, I did it when I first got me Wii home (Wii sports 4 teh win). Not only was I bad enough to put it in the wrong way, when I got the disk read error it took me a minute to realize my Wii wasn't broken, got worried :-D

lol this has something to do with hand-eye coordination, i read about this. Leftys probably put it in correctly at first. any lefties out there?

Hahhaha, I ALMOST did. I just keep looking to see which side the little rubber feet are on and of course face the disc the opposite way from that side.

And yup, I'm lefty... wehen I write and bat. But I do everything else righty. I am semi-ambidextourous if you will.

lol it appears lefties think before acting also then. but nothing happens when you put it in wrong right? i mean, it wont blow up or anything

LilWiiWii said:
lol it appears lefties think before acting also then. but nothing happens when you put it in wrong right? i mean, it wont blow up or anything

I wouldn't know, I haven't done thqat yet... but I am sure even the people that invented and developed the system have done it at least once. So... no, nothing will happen. When you get a Wii your going to be amazed at how powerful the disc drive is. You literally just have to lightly put the disc in before the Wii's drive sucks it right in. I LOVE WIIIII!

Well i think i can answer the question on why it happens. Your used to the power buttons and other things to be on the top of the console. There for when looking at it on its stand it looks like the top of the console is the left side. LOL didn't do but almost did. I'm really careful on new consoles for obvious reasons. (think 360)

ABC said:
I wouldn't know, I haven't done thqat yet... but I am sure even the people that invented and developed the system have done it at least once. So... no, nothing will happen. When you get a Wii your going to be amazed at how powerful the disc drive is. You literally just have to lightly put the disc in before the Wii's drive sucks it right in. I LOVE WIIIII!

thats cool that it pulls it in, how does it come out though? does it like shoot out and pop u in the gut or?

campmasta said:
Well i think i can answer the question on why it happens. Your used to the power buttons and other things to be on the top of the console. There for when looking at it on its stand it looks like the top of the console is the left side. LOL didn't do but almost did. I'm really careful on new consoles for obvious reasons. (think 360)

aww man my 360 left teethmarks on my fight night round 3 :(

LilWiiWii said:
thats cool that it pulls it in, how does it come out though? does it like shoot out and pop u in the gut or?

Hahahhaa, not at all. But it's very quick.... and the system doesn't make a sound. I went from the Wii and turned on my 360 that's sitting right next to it and it sounded like a 747 Jet engine starting up compared to the Wii.

i had no problems with it lol. maybe some of us are just natural gamers unlike others =X lol jk jk

Back