How Many wiis?

I was greedy and got 3 Wii's, kept one and sold the the other 2 on eBay. And made enough on the eBay ones that it payed for my Wii and 2 extra remotes and nunchucks and 2 games. I love America!

dufkis said:
I was greedy and got 3 Wii's, kept one and sold the the other 2 on eBay. And made enough on the eBay ones that it payed for my Wii and 2 extra remotes and nunchucks and 2 games. I love America!

and yet your the scum of the gamer world.

I know many game store employees despise people who do that, and true gamers.

xbandaidx said:
and yet your the scum of the gamer world.

I know many game store employees despise people who do that, and true gamers.

It is supply and demand, I was smart enough to cash in on it and I don't regret it at all. You can call me scum of the game world, it doesn't hurt my feelings. You have to seize opportunities when you see them, it's business.

dufkis said:
It is supply and demand, I was smart enough to cash in on it and I don't regret it at all. You can call me scum of the game world, it doesn't hurt my feelings. You have to seize opportunities when you see them, it's business.

I wasn't being serious about what I said. haha. I mostly say it from the point of view that I feel bad for people who go in after people who already have one (and bought another), and they are spending a lot of free time looking for one at the expense of someone else trying to make a profit off of one.

dufkis said:

Fair enough! But do you think it was wise to post this on here along with your online code and wii user name?

You didn't think that through did you?

I don't have a Wii and my son was really hoping for one this Christmas. Maybe if it wasn't for people like you there wouldn't be so many disappointed children this Yuletide. Still I doubt if that will bother you ... after all it's "business"......

rindulus007 said:
Fair enough! But do you think it was wise to post this on here along with your online code and wii user name?

You didn't think that through did you?

I don't have a Wii and my son was really hoping for one this Christmas. Maybe if it wasn't for people like you there wouldn't be so many disappointed children this Yuletide. Still I doubt if that will bother you ... after all it's "business"......

Go stand in line like any reseller does. I swear to you that if you lined up at a Best Buy this Sunday 4-12 hours in advance you could've got your son a Wii. Not worth it? Then pay a resller for his/her time spent hunting down Wiis and/or standing in line.

And what are you teaching your child anyways? That Christmas is all about getting exactly what they want? Don't attack anyone else's "business" mentality when you PROMOTE it yourself by doing your part to turn Christmas into a season of greed and bullshit.

I managed to get a total of 5 Wiis for family this Christmas, and another 9 for ebay. Why? Because I was willing to put time an effort into it.

All arguing aside, I understand exactly where you're coming from, but it is holiday season and it is an extremely rare item right now. Many kids are just going to have to deal with it, or wait a couple months.

Last edited:
Krypt, I completely agree. Only thing that pisses me off is in Nintendos Release statement, they said everyone who WANTS a wii by christmas will be able to get one. Which obviously at this point was a crock...

xlinked said:
Krypt, I completely agree. Only thing that pisses me off is in Nintendos Release statement, they said everyone who WANTS a wii by christmas will be able to get one. Which obviously at this point was a crock...
Before launch I told my family that also. I'm sure Nintendo, like me, didn't anticipate the HUGE press the Wii would receive, or the SURGE in demand. It took until the Wii was finally out and in homes before non-believers started wanting the consoles, and now there is NO END to the amount of people trying to get one.

But for anyone trying, I work at Best Buy. Message me the store number nearest you and I'll let you know when Best Buy will have stock. If you don't know your store number, use the store locator at BestBuy.com

Kryptenx said:
Before launch I told my family that also. I'm sure Nintendo, like me, didn't anticipate the HUGE press the Wii would receive, or the SURGE in demand. It took until the Wii was finally out and in homes before non-believers started wanting the consoles, and now there is NO END to the amount of people trying to get one.

But for anyone trying, I work at Best Buy. Message me the store number nearest you and I'll let you know when Best Buy will have stock. If you don't know your store number, use the store locator at BestBuy.com

My store number is 442.

Back