WiiChat Member
Nov 6, 2006
Official Wii Launch Show & Tell Thread

name - jason
location - woodbridge va walmart worth ave
time arrived - 1200pm
time left - 1 am

people in line - families mostly a couple nerds i felt outta place
what you did during the wait - mixed haze in with a black and mild and got to smoke haze without anyone around me in line knowin lol
are you satisfied - yes im sataisfied im not much a zelda fan but people were hypin it up so muchi got it, it seems neat, wiisports is ok, it justmakes me wonder how much mlb or madden or sports games will be down the rd

Last edited by a moderator:
Name- Shane
Location- Chatsworth CA Gamestop
Time arrived -10:23
Time Left- 10:39
They opened at 10:30 so I didnt really have to wait

name: philip
time arrived: 7:30 friday november 17th
time left: 12:30 am sunday the 19th

Name- Erik
Location- Montgomery, Tx Walmart 24/7
Time arrived -5:23PM
Time Left- 12:43AM
We sat in the entrance of the doorway and then they got "Customer complaints" and we had to move to an little cart alley in the store. Then we got told that we were blocking the way to the carts and coke machines and we were moved outside then at 10:05PM the manager came out with a list and we all put who was first and last and etc (All friends from school) and they took the list and went and made tickets. At 10:15 or so they came out with written tickets with our names and all the info we wrote and told us that they had 19 units and the other ten people that were waiting would get rainchecks and they were sorry about being wrong about the expected 29 units. We got our tickets and then me and some buddies went to get some grub across the street at Sonic and then came back and went to the electronics department and waited for about another 1hr and half. We played guitar hero II and laughed at the PS3 that was on display. (Story *Funny*) One of my "Genius" friends came and waited in line and wanted to buy a Wii but he had no money and he was just waiting for some magic fairy I guess to pop out and give him the money for it. So, after he got his ticket one of our friends came up to chill with us cause he was bored and he sold his ticket to him for $60 and about 20 seconds after the kid sells it, His Mum shows up and says, "Josh!!!!" and he had no color in his face and had this look that he wanted to hurt himself. His mum was going to buy it for him for Christmas and he was begging the kid back for the ticket. Moral of the story=Never sell your ticket a few minutes till midnight when someone might just show up and pay for it :D After all of that at 12:01 We got all called to layaway and got to purchase our Wii's then we all ran through the store and ran out the doors and drove to my friends house that was 5 minutes away and we got all out our Wii's connected and we all played Zelda all night. (We had 6 wii's connected to 6 different tv's) All in all was a great night =P

Name- Tyler
Location-Council Bluffs IA Wal-Mart
Time arrived -5:23
Time Left- 12:32
Total Number of Wii's: 28
Number in line: 27

Name- Era (nah, j/k, I'm just not telling)
Location- World of Wonder, Bandon, Ireland
Time arrived- TBA
Time left- TBA

I'm pre ordering from a store where nobody buys games, then travelling up on launch day. European release rocks :D

Name: Cody
Got there: 10:50PM
Left: 12:05AM

I already had a reserve there. I had already gone to Best Buy and got an extra controller. Here's some pics:

Picture3628.jpg

Here's the line after I got out of it.

Picture3634.jpg

Mii so happy...

Picture3629.jpg

My friend had reserved one, too.

Picture3636.jpg

My friend got really mad at me when I decided to update the system firmware before anything else. I didn't know it was 2 30 minute updates...

Picture3632.jpg

Here it is all hooked up.

:)

name - Levi
location - Wal-Mart, Hendersonville NC 28792
time arrived - 6 am 11/18
time left - 12 am 11/19

people in line - Really cool ppl. they were all nice and really into the same thingsd as me, it was great
what you did during the wait - Played GCN with the ppl around me. it was awsome!
are you satisfied - Yea im satisfied! and i didnt even get zelda or anything yet! its just the beggining for me...

Time arrived: Saturday, 7:30 AM
Time Left: Sunday 1:00 AM

My Walmart had 34 systems and i was number 31 and 32 in line. So i got 2 Wiis, going to sell it on Ebay :D :D. I know, how ironic. I saw all kinds of nerds in line, like Nintendo nerds, MTG nerds, skateboarder nerds (a bit of a stretch), etc. etc. even D&D nerds. sat and slept for 16.5 hours basically. Very sad for those who were 35 and stuff. They wouldn't leave until the last minute, about 1 hour after midnight on the 19th. The #1 person had "the list" as everyone in line reffered to as :lol: pretty funny. We all abided by it and any newcomers were told that there was "the list" that you had to sign your name on to show proof of your place in line just in case someone had to leave or something. early Saturday morning, some pregnant lady had to leave. Wasn't forced to, unlike the PS3, lol so someone got lucky. Some PS3 fanboi was revving his car down Walmart saying "Nintendo Sucks, PS3 rules" like a million times until security and a police officer came and they left. Got into line at midnight, got my 2 Wiis and ran home. Played till 6 in the morning when i couldn't stay up anymore so i went to bed. Slept for 3 hours and then woke up to play some more :D

Red Steel: A minor dissapointment. It's not stupendous but yet not bad. It's a little higher than the middle, i would say about an 80%. The single player was interesting and stuff, haven't finished it. The multiplayer is phenominal especially playing with friends on a Wii for the first time. Very fun. Love the KO ability (similar to the Energy Sword in Halo where you charge and kill). You don't kill the person with the KO though but with a successful hit, they can't do anything and are dazed basically. They will most likely die in one shot or so.

Zelda: Nothing can describe the fun i'm having right now, i'm torn between Red Steel and Zelda.

Madden: Sad to say, haven't gotten to it yet. But i will soon.

name - Nathan
location - Columbia, MO
time arrived - 5am (woke at 4am)
time left - 10am

At first, I was going to wait from 7pm to midnight at Wal-mart, but when I got there, they were already maxed-out. I decided to go home and I went to bed at 9pm. Woke at 4am and went to Target at 5am. They were supposed to have 39 Wiis there, but the line already had that amount of people, many in tents. Then drove over to see that there were already the max number of people at Circuit City and Best Buy!:yikes: Drove over to Toys R Us and bam! Nobody was there. Got out of the car, walked over and sat down with Catcher in the Rye in hand because I have to finish it today. Then a guy got out of his car and started walking over. He had obviously been there before I was, so I let him in front of me. We just sat and sat for 2 hours before anyone new came along and about an hour before the store opened was when way more people showed up. They said they weren't going to give us numbers, so it was going to be a mad dash and I'm not that big or strong, so I was a bit worried, but the guy in front of me and his friend said they'd make sure I got one, too. The opened the door an hour early at 10am and everyone sort of walk/ran to the electronics where we saw no Wii boxes. Then an employee said "Pre-orders on this side and buyers here!" We all quickly got in the buyer line. I was third at that point, but I got it and Zelda.

Soon as I got them, I smiled at the people in line and got out of there fast because I was afraid I might, just might get jumped. Got in the car, drove home and opened it up. Set it up on my TV, after playing around with the wiimote and nunchuk and then made a Mii. Played some WiiSports, which is pretty cool, and now I'm typing this.:D I also have Red Steel, which I plan on playing next, but I'm starved, so I'm getting a burger soon.

It's just amazing. It's really surreal!:ee5k:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pics

Got it! :smilewinkgrin:
P1010001.jpg

Opening the box...
P1010003.jpg

P1010005.jpg

Could it be?
P1010011.jpg

Yes...it is!
P1010015.jpg

Yeah, I'm a nerd...
P1010018.jpg

P1010019.jpg

Name - Giovanni
Location - Target in Clifton, New Jersey
Arrived: 12am
Left: 8am
People in Line and what I did: Everything from Moms and Dads to nerds and musicians. I made friends with 5 really cool guys. We talked about everything from politics and life to Wii and games. Made the time pass by like nothing. Thanks to this site and Gamespot, I knew the most about the Wii so they were asking me questions all night.
Am I satisfied: Hell yes. The Wii was actually more than what I expected. It handles so well. I just can't wait for developers to truly take advantage of what it has to offer.

Name - Greg
Location - Gamestop in Lafayette, IN
Time Arrived - 11PM (preordered it)
Time Left - 12:02AM
People In Line - Fellow Nintendo Fans
What I did during the wait - Shot "it" with the manager
Am I satisfied? Definitely!

Attachments

• wii.jpg
    wii.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 114
Name- David