I have some info from Best Buy..

Alright, well, I work at a Best Buy store selling computers, and have a couple things to say:

(1) Why would an employee, or even the company deny you a Wii just "because" there truly is a shortage? They are in the business to make money, and they WANT you to buy the product.

(2) They truly don't know when they are getting any systems in, and that is Nintendo's fault. There are a certain amount of consoles that are allocated to each district, and it is divided up per store. It is a random thing, just like the PS3 shipment you were mentioning. If they are on the truck, they will put it out and sell it.

(3) I don't know how you could see them in the back room, because they are in boxes "around the corner" out of site, if they are even there. They make sure they are not visible on purpose, so people won't go nuts.

Just remember that they aren't bad guys denying you a Wii just "because." Nintendo creates the product, ships it, and tells everyone to put them on the shelves, so in return, Nintendo, and Best Buy, (or any other retailer) can make money.

Yes, I have a Wii, and I love it, no fanboyism here. My point is basically that if a store has a Wii shipment, and you are there, you will get one. No one is going to lie to you. (Even if it is Circuit City) :p

Zea

Best Buy told me today as well - Friday, BE THERE!

I am just debating what time I should get there. Do yall think this will required a camp out? Best Buy is a good 45 minute drive from me so I would have to drive down there too early.

I preordered a Wii for the second shipment of Wii's at gamecrazy, in Washington State, said they will have some on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) so i would suggest to call your gamecrazy and ask them about a preorder list and if they say they dont have one ask for a waiting list....i called and my gamecrazy store was VERYhelpful, but u will have to go to the gamecrazy to sign your name on the list..CAN't WAIT TILL FRIDAY!!

GreyKirby said:
I have better information that took me 5 minutes to find
banner.gif

Is this for Best Buy????? Cuz if it is, i'll just camp out there since if they are going to have a minimum of 20, and gamestop here will only have 6 i have a much better chance of getting them at Best Buy. But then I will have to be in line at Best Buy @ 2am because of all the other crazy people there for the other Black Friday deals.

Here is the (Sad) Truth about the Wii Systems

All the retailers know that Wii systems will sell like hotcakes. There are 700-1000 in the chicago area. I have looked into their inventory in the computer at one of the stores and was excited that I was going to buy one by taking a cab to the closest one. Before doing that, I called them and they told me that they are not available for sale until Sunday. After further prodding, complaining and threatening to never shop there again, they blamed it on nintendo saying that they signed a contract to only release them after their flyer comes out on Thurs and that they would be available on Sunday. Either

A. They are lying and will be releasing them on Black Friday for which I will be so pissed, I will seriously consider making it on of my life's missions to never shop there again and dissuade everyone I know from doing so or

B. They will be releasing them on Sunday as they say and I will still be so pissed about the fact that a store is telling me that I can only buy something when they see fit that I will do the same thing anyway. Their one chance to avoid this was to sell me a Wii and they blew it.

For you skeptics who wonder about the reason for this, they know there is a temporary shortage of Wii's and they need to sell their playstation 2's and xboxes that are all stacked neatly on the floor. Still some of it doesn't make sense and I am going to make this known to enough people that they will lose business and I won't be buying one of their overpriced TVs as I was considering doing. I will buy it from costco who at least said up front - "We don't have the systems available in the store and will only have them online."

Best Buy and all their management and executives can go @#$$ themselves as far as I am concerned and I recommend buying the Wii's from someone else. I have called there over 30 times (gotten through to someone about 6 times) and everyone there is either clueless or told to act that way and I don't know which is worse.

Why would Nintendo basically force Best Buy make a deal that involves selling more PS2's and X Boxes? Your conspiracy theory has one pretty big hole in it homeboy.

haha ive got a whole schedule of places im gonna hit to find my wii tomorrow

5am - best buy
6am - mall with ebgames and gamestop
7am - local gamestop

if i dont find a wii, im gonna be really pissed... :sad:

Those of you that think you're going to waltz into BB, CC, WM, Target, or any other possible Wii retailer without standing in some stupid long line for Black Friday, well, then you are sadly mistaken. Last year, only at the POSSIBLITY of obtaining an XBOX 360, most Long Island Electronics Retailers were accumulating line standers as early as 10pm Thanksgiving night.

Good Luck folks...

I think that Best buy is the guilty party and they are blaming Nintendo

I agree that Nintendo would not want that to happen. I think Best buy is blaming nintendo and they are the real opportunists. They want to sell all of their existing inventory whether PS3 or Wii or PS2 which are neatly stacked on their floor ready for people to buy. It is a fact that these stores all have units and are holding off until Fri or Sun - I am not sure which but if they lied to me and sell them Friday, I will be even more pissed. My remark about the Wii's being in the stores is a Fact not a theory, I looked in the computer where it said how many were on hand at each location because I knew that the Best Buy employee did not know what I knew about the situation and the store I was in was genuinely out of them until Friday.

Back