Just Got Back "Black Friday"

Lethal said:
I have a Wii in my bedroom, one in my basement and the one I bought today will be for my son on christmas.

Also I was very shocked to see they had one. TUrns out I showed up about 30mins after UPS delivered their Wiis.

Damn, too bad I don't have a gamestop or ebgames within view from my house. That would be perfect.

i am getting very firstrated trying to get a wii. 3 times now i have been stuck waiting in line to come up empty handed. the first time was for the pre orders....i was #33 in a line that doled out 30 systems. the second was at launch....went to 4 stores to no avail. and now the third was at black friday. does anyone know if nintendo is going to UP the amount of systems per store? (the Eb games and gamestop stores....which appear to be getting the deliveries with the most frequency....are only getting like 5 at a time)

Guru said:
does anyone know if nintendo is going to UP the amount of systems per store? (the Eb games and gamestop stores....which appear to be getting the deliveries with the most frequency....are only getting like 5 at a time)

Yeah I know, it sucks EB and Gamestop are only getting 5 at a time. Try Best Buy sunday I know around my area they're getting some in.

just sleep outside the stroe you want until they wake you up and tell you they got one in.

that's my plan.....but honestly dude, i dunno how much more of this getting up early, waiting in the cold, and not getting **** for it i can stand.
normally i just ignore the crowds and wait it out, but i REALLY want this and am pissed i have already had to wait a week.

Guru said:
i am getting very firstrated trying to get a wii. 3 times now i have been stuck waiting in line to come up empty handed. the first time was for the pre orders....i was #33 in a line that doled out 30 systems. the second was at launch....went to 4 stores to no avail. and now the third was at black friday. does anyone know if nintendo is going to UP the amount of systems per store? (the Eb games and gamestop stores....which appear to be getting the deliveries with the most frequency....are only getting like 5 at a time)

Think about numbers...they want like, what, 1 million sold in the US by Dec1, right? Well, think about how many stores they are being distributed to, and then it should be obvious that they can't give enough to every store right away.

On the other hand, I think it would've been a great idea (for consumers, not the producers) if they gave all million on opening day, because then I think they wouldn't have so many upset customers that have stories like you. I can understand supply/demand, but customer satisfaction used to mean something. :/

I went to gamestop at 4AM and was third in line. I think a guy on the first page saw me and few other guys waiting in line. The lady came out and said there were only 3 wii's left and said since me(third in line) and the 2 guys infront of me were there before she even got there, that we get the wii. The line still formed after she went in and people didnt believe me and the 2 guys when we told them the bad news.

I have 3 because sometimes I want to play a game in bed. Like zelda or classic games. That one is for my bedroom. My 2nd one is connected to my 42" LCD which leaves me lots of room for Wii sports. You know how you need space to move around. The 3rd is for my son. He is 7 and I dont want him playing around with my Wii. Something gets deleted or something stupid. Thats why I have 3. If I ever decide to sell one I will definately post it here before Ebay so one of you guys can grab it. I wouldnt even charge extra for it.

I went out yesterday at 4:30 am to Best Buy and there had to have been at least 500 people in line, maybe more. The entire parking lot was full. I left and went to Circuit City and they still had the sign up saying that they were out, so I drove down the street to EB Games and there were only 7 people in line. Waited until they opened at 7am and they had about 12 systems, so I spent all yesterday playing Wii Sports and GT Pro Series!

Back