I heard the French bought 50 PS3s on launch day.

Mods are tricky. If the company goes after them, your game system can turn into a brick. AKA the 360 after banning some mods. If the company does nothing mods are a great way to improve your game system. Of coarse this depends on what type of mods you want.

sagema said:
Mods are tricky. If the company goes after them, your game system can turn into a brick. AKA the 360 after banning some mods. If the company does nothing mods are a great way to improve your game system. Of coarse this depends on what type of mods you want.

Modders have ways to prevent bricking. Bricking usually happens when a system tries to load up its firmware but ends up finding messed up code, therefore they set up a boot program in the system itself, so one could easily just restart the system on different backed up firmware.

However, its highly doubtful that any companies would be able to make anything for the PS3 brick it. The playstation mod community always has the upper hand in the end.

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
its not overall inferior fanboy :cornut:
QFT

If it were inferior to a 360, it would burn out and die more often...(whats that, twice a week? - which it DOESN'T do..)

Having all 3 systems you can tell alot of difference between them, but you cant say which is really superior, as they all have their pro's and cons. a PS3 has the most pro's, but its price make people think twice about buying it.

I built a PC better than a PS3 for less than the cost of a PS3. :/ Newegg ftw.

PC > Most consoles, PCs can be upgraded..

I bought a bluetooth adapter the other day and played HL2 with the Wiimote, that was okay, but it was a pain and would rather use WASD.

Bryan_ said:
I built a PC better than a PS3 for less than the cost of a PS3. :/ Newegg ftw.

PC > Most consoles, PCs can be upgraded..

I bought a bluetooth adapter the other day and played HL2 with the Wiimote, that was okay, but it was a pain and would rather use WASD.

as someone who has built numerous PCs... i call bull Sh!t. Go ahead, list the parts for your "better" PC and lets see how far you get for under $599.

This will be fun to watch you try.

PS: I agree PCs are the best gaming devices in history, but at least get your facts straight and lets not blow BS here. PCs can use and run both the wiimote, xbox controller and PS3 controller. So can the PS3 though, so its not really saying much. But there are more uses for it on the PC itself. I cant think of anything else that will ever overcome WASD + Mouse.

Last edited:
Back