I played the Wii!

Figroti

WiiChat Member
Oct 8, 2006
I went to Nintendo Fusion Tour yesterday (For the Wii, not the emo music) and got to demo 4 games (In order); Wii Sports: Tennis, WarioWare, Wii Sports: Baseball, and Wii Shooting.

Tennis was pretty lame, I didn't like the fact that when you moved the wii-mote, the tennis racket didn't move. It made timing your swings a bit difficult, and seemed kind of off.

WarioWare was amazing. Seemed extremely precise, and just plain fun. The most akward thing about it was pushing the wii-mote forward to insert the dentures into the person's mouth. Not in a bad way, just felt weird.

Baseball was probably my favorite, I never liked sports games, but the Wii just may change this. Every single movement you made with the Wii-mote, so did your characters bat. If you swing a bit upward, the ball flies higher, if you swing slightly downward, the ball hits the ground and bounces. The only thing i had trouble doing was trying to bunt the ball, I tried 3 times, and failed. The funny thing was, the guy that was working there looked at me and said "You have to swing it", after I played for about 5 minutes when I tried to bunt the ball.

Wii Shooting I picked up extremely fast. I watched 4 people play it, and [brag] I almost doubled their score [/brag] The controller seems extremely sensitive, but I got used to it pretty fast. It might take a while for most people (including myself) to get fully used to the sensitivity, although I'm sure you'll be able to change it.

So that's it, I had my 15 minutes of what seemed like a dream, I was so excited I barely remember it, haha. I just figured I'd share my experience with you all (and brag that I got to play the Wii before millions of people a bit).

Lucky!

This makes me really, really excited! And i wish i coulda made the tour because both the music (which isn't emo) and the wii are amazing.. Did you catch any bands anyway? Reliant K would be big for me! :p

And i really like the sounds of the wiimote being sensitive with the baseball and shooting, but what do you mean with the whole tennis thing.. why was it crap?

Im so jealous!

Well, Tennis just didn't seem very precise to me. The racket didn't move untill you actually swung, which (for me) made timing my swings a bit difficult, whereas in baseball, every movement with the wii-mote effected your characters bat. I'm not saying that it's going to be horrible, I just probably won't play it too much.

Also, the characters move by themselves in both Tennis and Baseball, so all you really have to do is get the timing of the swings down.

Oh, nono. Don't get my wrong, I'm not talking crap on the Wii at all, by no means. I'm probably more excited than anybody to play! (I have a mario/chain chomp tattoo on my wrist, come on!) I was just sharing my first impression with the games I got lucky enough to demo =)

Final.jpg

The artist did a REALLY bad job, I'm going to get it fixed up when I get the extra cash. This was one day after I got it done, it looks a bit better now that it's healed and stuff, but still not quite good.

EDIT: It's not showing up for me for some reason, is it working for you guys? I posted a pic of it. >.>

I've been reading about the controls of certain Wii Sports games not being very good. Like Bowling for example losing where the controller is. They need this game to be perfect if everyones gonna get it.

D Twizzle said:
I've been reading about the controls of certain Wii Sports games not being very good. Like Bowling for example losing where the controller is. They need this game to be perfect if everyones gonna get it.

well that doesnt make me feel to good. If the controllers arent good, then thats a problem.. Please tell me people have heard differently and that the controllers are good and arent too too hard to learn.

Back