I think this might be the official boxart

Mingus said:
Oh come on, that's the biggest crap ever. For one, that is not even possible. Online games are protected from cheats, so there is no in game code which means some one would have to create their own. The wii does not have the ability to do this because it's not designed like a computer and cannot download outside resources. So then this brings us to the point that there could be a possibilty that one person, MAYBE, could rip apart the system and rebuild and add certain equipment that would allow for such possibilties just so they could attempt to download a code that know one would write to cheat in a game that's not benificial to themself if they did. So because a one in a million chance could ruin one game for a person I don't even know means wi-fi in this game would be bad. Have you ever gamed online? People cheat in those all the time, you just gotta get over it.
Huh?

I think you must have replied in the wrong thread.

Mingus said:
Read post above mine
I did. I just don't get why you went on about cheating online.

Obviously I haven't played Mario Strikers, but I don't get any reference to using cheat codes or anything.

Am I missing something?

EDIT: The plot Thickens... http://gonintendo.com/?p=24577

230015brp.jpg

gonintendo said:
You had to do that didn’t you EB. Now we get to wonder who put that wifi logo on there!

Last edited:
^That should bring some hope to all the people getting scared:yesnod:^
Even if it didn't have online play, I would get it. A game like brawl doesn't need online to be great. Me, I never doubted that it wouldn't have online. I always knew it would, no matter what the box art looked like.

Meh, only the Smashbros sit can make things offical..and the Box art will be without a dough one of the Updates

Mr Money said:
I think its fake as the ghost squad one is. I know that because i saw the offical ghost squad one on the offical site:
http://www.sega-ghostsquad.com/wii/home.html
Its in the bottem left corner, with a wi-fi symbol!
Possible.

I think that could just be the Japanese boxart (Japanese boxarts usually differ from US and UK ones). The US/UK one may be what we've been seeing.

The timing makes sense. This boxart was released soon after some of those charecters were officially announced. (ie. pkmn trainer)
They probably purposly leaked it afterwards, or perhaps not.

it would be extremely dumb for nintendo not to have wifi on ssbb. so i think were okay but even if it didnt have wifi its still great.

clement360 said:
it would be extremely dumb for nintendo not to have wifi on ssbb.
Why? Because some people want it? If they didn't include it, it would not be dumb, it would be a discission that only Nintendo can make, and as someone that trusts Nintendo when it comes to games, I believe that if they didn't put it in, there would be a damn good reason.

so i think were okay but even if it didnt have wifi its still great.
Yep. It will.

Meh, I kind of don't want wi-fi.
If it has online, I simply wont use it.

*sigh*

Just to clear a few things up:

(Numbers are Mine)
1. Regardless of whether this boxart is official or not, it is NOT the final copy. The final copy will have an ACTUAL rating (not RP) and will have the Wi-Fi sticker if it has online gameplay (which it will). The fact that the sticker is not on their proves or disproves absolutely NOTHING.
2. This is the very first boxart we have seen that DOESN'T use images already seen in pictures/videos of Brawl. It also uses an art scheme that has never been seen in ANY smash bros game. These two reasons have led many people to wonder if it is the real deal.
3. This boxart also has a good mix of old AND new characters, something that Nintendo has always tried to do with their boxarts.

Until official word, I'm going to assume that this is the real deal.

Back