I Will Have Eternal Darkness Tomorrow

demonflair

Slowly returning..
Feb 10, 2007
Portugal, Portimão
Wii Online Code
2967-1215-6372-5681
I will buy it tomorrow, to play it in my Wii :)
Every gaming site says that it's one of the best games ever for the GameCube.

Does anyone have it?? Is it that great??

Ye, I have it. It's brilliant. Very atmospheric and the insanity effects are brilliant. Both have you jumping and laughing.

Squall7 said:
Ye, I have it. It's brilliant. Very atmospheric and the insanity effects are brilliant. Both have you jumping and laughing.

Yeah I've heard that too. One question, what's with that eskeleton and that Lighting God (?)?? I mean they are always talking to each other...

demonflair said:
Yeah I've heard that too. One question, what's with that eskeleton and that Lighting God (?)?? I mean they are always talking to each other...
Pious is the second character you come across. He's original after some artefact. Depending on which artefact near the start of the game you choose, the monsters will be different (and have a slightly different storyline). Pious becomes the skeleton dude. He serves his master which is one of the four Gods (Three artefacts to choose from and which one you pick will allign yourself to a certain God. The fourth God is Mantorok and will be a significant aspect of the story). Once you complete it, you can play again as a different Element. Play it again to complete the third time and you'll get to see an extra bit at the end.

The spell system is also really good.

Here's a few vids:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtaLaW9nOWQ[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2he5jxOvQZk[/media]

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
Pious is the second character you come across. He's original after some artefact. Depending on which artefact near the start of the game you choose, the monsters will be different (and have a slightly different storyline). Pious becomes the skeleton dude. He serves his master which is one of the four Gods (Three artefacts to choose from and which one you pick will allign yourself to a certain God. The fourth God is Mantorok and will be a significant aspect of the story). Once you complete it, you can play again as a different Element. Play it again to complete the third time and you'll get to see an extra bit at the end.

The spell system is also really good.

Thanks for the info buddy :)
I'm going to rep you :wink:

Anyway, who's the main character of the game??

demonflair said:
Thanks for the info buddy :)
I'm going to rep you :wink:

Anyway, who's the main character of the game??
Np. There are 12 characters you play as throughout the game. However, the person you keep coming back to is named Alex Roivas (Savior backwards).

The game is basically played out through chapters and you play as the characters that the darkness encounter.

Squall7 said:
Np. There are 12 characters you play as throughout the game. However, the person you keep coming back to is named Alex Roivas (Savior backwards).

The game is basically played out through chapters and you play as the characters that the darkness encounter.

12 characters?? How cool :cool:

And how's the exploring part of the game?? Sorry for asking so much :lol:

demonflair said:
12 characters?? How cool :cool:

And how's the exploring part of the game?? Sorry for asking so much :lol:
Hey it's no problem.

Exploring in the game is quite fun, every now and again you might get a bit stuck. If that happens then you may need to cast some spells. The combat system I think may prove a little tricky. Basically you switch between body parts while attacking, so that you can aim straight for the head, or attack one of the arms etc...

Also, the spell system is a little like building a sentence. Combine words to create the spell. Things like protect-area-(element) makes a barrier that the enemy cannot pass.

That will be explained in the game itself though.

It's a really compelling and refreshing game really. A brilliant yet underrated survival horror game.They also have an official site:
http://www.eternaldarkness.com/

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
Hey it's no problem.

Exploring in the game is quite fun, every now and again you might get a bit stuck. If that happens then you may need to cast some spells. The combat system I think may prove a little tricky. Basically you switch between body parts while attacking, so that you can aim straight for the head, or attack one of the arms etc...

Also, the spell system is a little like building a sentence. Combine words to create the spell. Things like protect-area-(element) makes a barrier that the enemy cannot pass.

That will be explained in the game itself though.

It's a really compelling and refreshing game really. A brilliant yet underrated survival horror game.

Cool :cool:

I've heard, from IGN, that the game is Resident Evil 4 (the content), but it's like One Milion Dollar Babe, it's great, won Oscars, but it doesn't sell like Lord of the Rings sells...

demonflair said:
Cool :cool:

I've heard, from IGN, that the game is Resident Evil 4 (the content), but it's like One Milion Dollar Babe, it's great, won Oscars, but it doesn't sell like Lord of the Rings sells...
Not sure about the analogy. Never been a fan of either movies. It's definately not Resident Evil 4, as that have more of an action thing to it. It's more like Silent Hill meets fantasy (the magickal system anyway).

Squall7 said:
Not sure about the analogy. Never been a fan of either movies. It's definately not Resident Evil 4, as that have more of an action thing to it. It's more like Silent Hill meets fantasy (the magickal system anyway).

You mean that the game is faster (fast action, intense action)?? That's cool :)

demonflair said:
You mean that the game is faster (fast action, intense action)?? That's cool :)
No that was refering to Resident Evil. This game is more atmospheric. It will make your skin crawl and make you jump at certain points in the game (almost guaranteed).

Squall7 said:
No that was refering to Resident Evil. This game is more atmospheric. It will make your skin crawl and make you jump at certain points in the game (almost guaranteed).

That's suprising for a GameCube Game... there I go with the childish thoughs with Nintendo's consoles :lol:

Seriously, I love those kind of games. Ever played Project Zero 1 or 2 for the Xbox?? Damm, those are creepy and scary games, but awesome :D

I had Eternal Darkness it was really weird, it did remind me alot of resi because of puzzle's and stuff.
But the problem i found was the whole jumping from one character to another through different time periods it got a bit confusing. But overall it wasn't too bad!:yesnod:

Back