IBM email (wii processor, etc)

thats pretty much what i said, dont judge it on speed, the internal workings are more important

All I know is I'm not going to argue about this anymore, whoever submitted that post on this forum once that said you can't convince others of anything online is right. It's pointless.

I'll say one last thing.

the IBM processor in the Wii is a modified PowerPC, PowerPc's have been ripped apart and studied by nearly everyone in the industry for years.

The only exception I'll make about a console processor possibly being more powerful than a PC is the Cell processor since we know so little of it right now.

xbandaidx said:
whoever submitted that post on this forum once that said you can't convince others of anything online is right. It's pointless.
:thumbsup: that was me :) (unless someone beat me to it that I don't know about in which case I relinquish the rights haha)

xbandaidx said:
All I know is I'm not going to argue about this anymore, whoever submitted that post on this forum once that said you can't convince others of anything online is right. It's pointless.

I'll say one last thing.

the IBM processor in the Wii is a modified PowerPC, PowerPc's have been ripped apart and studied by nearly everyone in the industry for years.

The only exception I'll make about a console processor possibly being more powerful than a PC is the Cell processor since we know so little of it right now.

Luckily some of us(Like me and you) actually have degrees to back up the **** we know, as opposed to those who just google and assume they know what they are talking about.

gbesta said:
Its not a very fair comparison as its not a dedicated gaming benchmark and is just a raw cpu benchmark but heres how a G5 (1.6Ghz) stacks against a PS3 (3.2Ghz)

http://www.geekpatrol.ca/2006/11/playstation-3-performance/

CPU's have different architecture which is why you can't just look at Ghz speed and say its faster.

Vagrant and I aren't looking just at processor speeds, we know theres more to it than that such as how the processor architecture is, how much L2 cache there is (even know the results are minimal), the front bus speed, etc.

For example, you can take a look at Apple's benchmarks showing a comparision between the PowerPC Macs and Intel Macs and you'll see the Intel easily smacking the crap out of the PowerPC processors even through Rosetta (translation software), so basically the software is being translated from PowerPC-based programming to x86-based programming and the Intel processors are still destroying the PowerPCs, now like I said before the IBM processor in the Wii is a modified PowerPC Processor that was merely just optimized for a graphics solution.

You guys can keep talking back, and I'll just keep firing back with information that you can actually find to backup what I say.

Last edited:
Back