Impossilbe for me to Connect with Linksys router

ok i tryed the DMZ allowing an ip but again it didnt work. it did take a lot shorted time though to tell me the error if thats a step forward...

By the way i should be getting the ip and subnet mask.. ect info from "Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection" not "PPP adapter aliant" right? the LAC is the one with the 192.168.1.100 ip so i assume thats the one

Last edited:
OH MY GODDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWEETEST SOUND EVERRR!!!!!!!!!!!! ya thats right... i did it

i guess ill have to remember what i did exactly. here it is for anyone to try:

there is a router im using before my wireless router and that has a user name and password. so in my wireless router settings i used PPPoE and typed the username and password in. i tryed this last night with a guy from nintendo but im guessing i typed it in wrong. i also manually put in all the ip stuff with the DMZ enabled ip too but im not sure if that also helped. im too afraid to try it all againg with the automatic ip thing on thw wii because i may lose it all.
Other stuff i had done that probaly never affected the process:
1. had the wireless security disabled with
2. had channel 11 on
3. disabled block annonymous internet requests"
4. speed and duplex on Auto (definitly had nothing to do with it)
5. And mtu enabled with 1492 (0 on my wii though i think)

if theres one thing i've learned form this its that you have to EARN you wii internet connection!

thanks for all your help guys!

Last edited:
great!

and as for the guy whos the techie :p
I agre linksys has its problems but their new router looks good, and I think d-links are great, but netgears are pretty good too..

and as for not disabling your firewall, the only people who would be afraid are paranoid people, I use NO Security. at ALL. i turn it all off when i get it, I keep a close eye on my system but I don't use any of them annoying things such as firewalls and anti-virus's their more hassle then their worth, I know how to avoid virus's, spyware, and attacks, therefore, I think I'm pretty safe. :p I hate firewalls really..

Sytek said:
If you disable your routers firewall it works, I had the same problem.

Same model linksys too, if you need help disabling your routers firewall, I can take a screenshot for you.

Yo, how do you PM someone? E-mail me the message at [email protected]. And i'll add you to my wii . My console number is

3111-5474-8947-2357... uhhh, what's your wii console number (a.k.a.) friend code?

Sytek said:
great!

and as for the guy whos the techie :p
I agre linksys has its problems but their new router looks good, and I think d-links are great, but netgears are pretty good too..

and as for not disabling your firewall, the only people who would be afraid are paranoid people, I use NO Security. at ALL. i turn it all off when i get it, I keep a close eye on my system but I don't use any of them annoying things such as firewalls and anti-virus's their more hassle then their worth, I know how to avoid virus's, spyware, and attacks, therefore, I think I'm pretty safe. :p I hate firewalls really..

you certainly don't need antivirus, but firewall is good to have. I don't like running software firewalls on the computer, but a router is great for it.

You can be the most careful person in the world, but if someone discovers a new hole in windows that triggers jusy by visiting a site, or even worse, just be having your computer connected to the internet (blaster virus) as most of us are 24/7 with highspeed these days, you can get infected.
Blaster virus was brutal because it required no user interaction at all. At it's peak, I watched as I installed Windows fresh on a computer, installed the network card drivers, and within 10 minutes of just sitting there, not being used, it was infected and rebooting itself constantly.

Agreed I normally would keep a hardware firewall on (router) but in my case It's just to much work with all the servers I host having to forward ports everytime, ,, just not worth it to me :p

Back