Infinity Ward Call of Duty 6(not 5 cuz activision is doing 5) Suggestion

Link_Sword

WiiChat Member
Jul 31, 2007
Here's my idea, everyone has probably played some sort of mmo, and some sort of FPS. Well for call of duty 6 instead of having online servers, there should be one large server, filled with "Camps". You could choose which camp to be when you sign up online. So, instead of having simple small scale battles, you could have very large force on force battles. So, it would be a constant state of war. Just like real life.
(This what i thought would be cool if it would work) For example, you log on in your camp, this one time you log on, there are bullets flying, airstrikes grenades and your being attacked by maybe 50 men from another camp. So you are spurred into action, and then you and your team try to regroup, fight back, defend yourselves.
Or, you log on it's quite at your camp, so your cordinate with your buddies to go capture key locations such as an airport in the city or wherever the map is set to that day. It would make for interesting things to happen.
Plus when your camp capturesa key structure like like airport, oil field, or anything of that sort, all of you at said camp recieve bonus things such as extra ammo, ghillie suit, stronger weapons, and airsupport.
Also the map could change everyday like one day your fighting in Baghdad, then later your fighting in France, Canada, America. Or maybe every week.

I know there are problems with this idea because:
1 Lag, to stream the necessary large environments with potentially thousand playing
2 Keeping the graphics descent.
3 Good maps
4 Team balancing
5 Class balancing

So give me your comments on my idea, if you like it tell me if not tell me

Thanks for the time

It's a good idea. But I think it would be are too difficult to actually implement. But, it does definitely sound entertaining.

PS: Treyarch is making COD 5, and Infinity Ward is making 6. Both companies are part of Activision. Treyarch has 3 and 5 and will take the odds from now on. Infinity Ward has 1,2,4 and the evens from now on.

Yup, I've played that game before but on the PC (Planetside - Youtube vid), and it's really fun to have a static world to fight on. You could go to bed one night, and your faction would have control of most of the world, but in the morning it could be all gone. I think I played that game for about a year, and played it pretty much everyday for a few hours with friends. All of the powerful vehicles required at least two people to operate (driver, one or more gunners), so voice chat was a big help.

Suffice it to say, I would definitely buy a game like that on the Wii.

I think they shouldnt even attempt to do it. Many people have attempted MMOFPS and failed. Huxley is looking good so far, but no one really knows if it will end up good until it is released.

Besides, Call of Duty would lose alot of its fanbase doing that.

Back