internal battery replacement

On various sites from the internets (Amazon, Newegg, etc.) or perhaps some retail electronics stores. Price depends on what device's battery you're tryin' to replace.

Aye. Can't recall specifically what it's for. I'd imagine keepin' track of the time would be one'a its functions.

Don't know.

Thank you, Mr. King. Love your accent.

Great. More dumb stuff I have to worry about. Can I tell you? I just got 16 (count them) AA batteries (dry cells) just for my Wii! :) Well, I will use them in the TV remote, cable remote, blah, blah, blah. But the main reason I got them was so that I would NEVER have to have some fit or attack because I was out of batteries and my wand, or pokey thing, or thing with buttons or whatever you want to call it, died on me. It ain't gonna happen here!

Maybe I should take apart my console and see what kind of battery(ies) I need and get some to have on hand. I know I need to get a lens clean, and I should get a disc cleaner.

Whoops! (shy grin) I kind'a got off track, didn't I? (blush)

Say, do I need one/any for my nunchuck? (Which I always call numchuck...)

Last edited:
Thank you, Mr. King. Love your accent.

Why thank you.

... Everyone else mocks it. ;_;

Great. More dumb stuff I have to worry about. Can I tell you? I just got 16 (count them) AA batteries (dry cells) just for my Wii! :) Well, I will use them in the TV remote, cable remote, blah, blah, blah. But the main reason I got them was so that I would NEVER have to have some fit or attack because I was out of batteries and my wand, or pokey thing, or thing with buttons or whatever you want to call it, died on me. It ain't gonna happen here!

Yep, I know that frustration. I recall runnin' completely out of batteries when I was playin' Zelda: Twilight Princess, at a climactic point in the game no less... what a miserable buzzkill that was. Rarely have I run outta batteries since that day, I learned my lesson lol..

Maybe I should take apart my console and see what kind of battery(ies) I need and get some to have on hand.

There should be no need for that, as the internal battery shouldn't be runnin' out of juice any time soon... unless it was factory-defective. Reckon they're designed so that there's never a need to replace 'em, like a cell phone battery.

Whoops! (shy grin) I kind'a got off track, didn't I? (blush)

No worries, rambling is a good 80% of Wiichat's activity. x)

Say, do I need one/any for my nunchuck?

Nah, the nunchuck runs off'a the Wii Remote's own battery supply.

... Hence why Wii remote - nunchuck games like Twilight Princess burned through my batteries so bloody quick. I miss the days of wired-to-the-console controllers.

I don't know how, yet, to do the multiple quotes. But I'll learn.

People can be so silly. I think the American accent is very cold and 'hard' - if that makes any sense. I can listen to someone from the British Isles talk for hours if their melodic accent does't relax and put me to sleep! Same with Caribbean accents, mon. If I had to guess, just from the reading, I'd say you're Irish...

If I had the money I'd take - and don't hold me to the spelling - eludication (that may not be the correct word, but it's close...) lessons. It's where you actually LEARN an accent. I'd go for Irish, having still a drop or two in me. Then learn Italian. For some unknown (to me) reasone I'm dying to learn Italian. Guess 'cause I like the country and history and I want to live there. I'm going to be an archeologist when I grow up and the Italian will come in handy. :)

And batteries. I even knew they're really dry cells. (grin) And I'm glad I don't have to worry about any in my numchuck.

(I think the word I'm looking for is elocution. To eludicate is to make more clear, I think.)

Last edited:
I don't know how, yet, to do the multiple quotes. But I'll learn.

It's all manually done, sadly there's no proper method for it. Ya gotta copy 'n paste the "
(user) said:
" BBcode and move around all the text into separate quotations. Bit of a hassle, but I love to keep my posts tidy.

People can be so silly. I think the American accent is very cold and 'hard' - if that makes any sense. I can listen to someone from the British Isles talk for hours if their melodic accent does't relax and put me to sleep! Same with Caribbean accents, mon.

Aye, makes plenty sense... to us specifically. I reckon it's commonplace to romanticize foreign accents. Hard not to since foreign things are... well, foreign. Exotic. That, and it's hard to not get sick of your own accent after hearin' it a decade or two.

Though I still agree regardless of all'a that. A bit of lingual flair by way of (foreign) accent can be very pleasant on the ears.

If I had to guess, just from the reading, I'd say you're Irish...

I certainly am Irish, but hail from Italia... however, since longer than I can remember, I was raised in New York. My somewhat eccentric vocabulary gives it a foreign feel, I s'pose. Not too many Yankees say "aye".

If I had the money I'd take - and don't hold me to the spelling - eludication (that may not be the correct word, but it's close...) lessons. It's where you actually LEARN an accent. I'd go for Irish, having still a drop or two in me. Then learn Italian. For some unknown (to me) reasone I'm dying to learn Italian. Guess 'cause I like the country and history and I want to live there. I'm going to be an archeologist when I grow up and the Italian will come in handy. :)

Much to my chagrin, I've no talent for learning languages... elocution classes are not somethin' I personally would be well suited for lol.

I'm interested in Italian myself, as I'd love to visit my homeland for some tourism. Knowin' the basics of a country's primary language would only make things that much more enjoyable. However, Japan holds a higher interest for me, much as I'd love t' see Italy's architecture in person.

I can't believe NY produced the likes of you. You seem far deeper, congnatious, and... able to contrast and liken untangibles in a very European-taught way. I'd think accents/languages would come easy to you. (They do to me; I'm a creative. Vs someone that knows their multiplication tables [I don't]). As good as you may be at Pokemon (and I don't get the age thing about it; I bet the cards are a blast to collect - I love my Skylander cards!) you seem more like a Michaelangelo than an MIT student. Or a Mark Twain.

Italy is a beautiful country. Once you get used to the air pollution you can 'smell' Italy. Like, I can 'smell' FL, it has it's own 'flavor.' The colors are out-of-this-world. I just love it. Now, though, I have to think about what you said and liking something because it *is* foreign. Still, I know I like it. You should SEE the artwork they have over there! And I have stood where once a Vestal Virgin stood - now doesn't THAT crack you up?! Where Marc Anthony gave his speech and I've been in rooms in Pompei that god KNOWS what went on. I have my fingers x-ed for you that you get back.

You know, I knew you had one foot in the ol'sod, but there was something about that other foot mmaaayyyyybbbbbbeeee not being on the same turf. It's funny, I actually did think, "I didn't know they dropped their 'g's in Ireland. Maybe that's where we get it." LOL!!!

So, you just picked up your accent from home then, being around others with the Irish accent? I've been in MN longer than where I was raised and folks here still say I've a "southern" accent. I guess once you have an accent, you've got it and you can't get rid of it. More nurture than nature, that. Else you'd be talking with your hands and wouldn't be able to type. Capisce?

Back