How much battery life on wiimotes????

what does that prove? that you're trying to cover up your silly comments earlier? you said they were nickel cad and called me a liar when i said they last longer.
no, honesty makes me happy. sorry you've failed.

I said you were thinking of NiCad...which you were.

Interesting ideas. I have actually had a bad experience with rechargable energizers. Bought some for our DVR remotes that seem to eat allot of batteries. I charged them up, didn't seem to get much life before they needed to be charged again. When we put freshly recharged batteries in remotes that we don't use allot (spare bedrooms) when you got ready to use them they were dead as doornobs!

NiMH have much shorter shelf lives than NiCads though. They will self-discharge in a week or so.

why not

I can't figure why Nintendo doesn't make a recharable battery for their own Wiimotes!

I can't figure why Nintendo doesn't make a recharable battery for their own Wiimotes!

So they can force you into paying for them when they go bad?

The less proprietary devices involved, the better. I'm much happier having regular AA's that I can use in everything.

extras extras extras

I don't know. But controllers are very expensive these days! Hell $40 for another Wiimote!!!!! I bought Wiiplay and Wiimote package to get my extra controller for $50.00. On my PS3 I only have one controller (the pack in one) and wont spend another $50.00 for a second. Nor have I bought a second controller for my 360! I usually play solo anyway. Nintendo does not seem to have allot of accesories for sale though. At least not one that you need when you check the nintendo store!

...You mean a nunchuck, classic controller, regular remote, wii speak, balance board, and wii-branded router aren't a lot of accessories?

There's a lot more technology in current controllers than the old 5 button circuit boards.

Yes these wireless controllers do not come cheap witht the consoles today. The technology in them is worth it. I am just cheap! And I agree there are some good licencesed nintendo accesories out there. I didn't actually think so until I saw you list them. However there is allot of game specific stuff out there I won't buy like wii speak, wiifit, balance board! Just not my cup of tea. Might get the classic controller if I need it for games like mario 64 and mario kart 64, otherwsie if I can play on gamecube controllers or the wiimote, I wouldn't spend the extra bucks!

Back