Wiimote Battery Guide - Don't let it eat you up too!

I havent touched rechargable batteries with a 10 foot pole in like years.... but i did just find my charger, so what are some good NiMH batteries???

vagrant said:
No, rechargeable batteries come in far more mAh/nimh meaning they hold a lot more power.

i thought the manual says not to use nickel metal hydride batteries (nimh). I have the rechargeable energizer batteries (in AA and AAA) and they say that they are nimh batteries, so aren't these not recommended for our Wii-remote?

oldschool said:
i thought the manual says not to use nickel metal hydride batteries (nimh). I have the rechargeable energizer batteries (in AA and AAA) and they say that they are nimh batteries, so aren't these not recommended for our Wii-remote?

A lot of stuff that doesn't matter aren't recommended for your wii that won't do ****. Do you honestly think usbcell batteries would be recommended?

And as far as a review goes, read up a few posts. I just told you I have used them and they don't last for ****. Cool you can charge them with a usb port(as if that is in any way more convenient than an outlet?) but you have to charge them so damn much they are really only useful for short term use.

It’s a good thing I worked at Kmart in the photo department for the last 6 months because I got tons of free batteries! I took the batteries out of the disposable cameras and put them in a box and when it was full I took it home! I was freaking awesome. And amazingly most of the batteries show up as having full power and they are alkaline! I am ready for hours and hours of playing! haha

Where did you guys get your charger and which one did you buy? I am in the market for a rechargeable battery charger. Then I will just pick up 2 pairs of the e2 AA's.

RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES
Rechargeable batteries are growing in popularity, especially with the boom in portable electronic devices. So how do you know when you should make the investment in a charger and batteries?

Knowing the types
There are two main types of rechargeable batteries in the standard form factors:
• NiMH (nickel metal hydride)
• NiCad (nickel cadmium)

NiCad is used widely in cordless phones and electric razors. These tend to be charged before being completely discharged. This is the best chemistry for this type of operation.

NiMH battery has grown in popularity and is widely used in digital cameras and other electronic devices. With power lasting almost as long as an alkaline battery and the ability to recharge more than 500 times, you end up saving a lot of money over time.

If you use a lot of AA or AAA batteries your best bet is to buy a couple of sets of rechargeable batteries and a good charger…you’ll be better off in the long run.

Here is better information on Rechargable Bateries..go here for the actual webpage...!

in the wii maunal it says dont use rechargable batteries
im not sure what the effect could be
but who reads the manual?

:smilewinkgrin: Here's a cool website that actualy sells Next Generation rechargable batteries that don't lose memory for while not used..these look like another option to try out. Just finding sites and letting you decide.! Check the site out here.

vagrant said:
A lot of stuff that doesn't matter aren't recommended for your wii that won't do ****. Do you honestly think usbcell batteries would be recommended?

And as far as a review goes, read up a few posts. I just told you I have used them and they don't last for ****. Cool you can charge them with a usb port(as if that is in any way more convenient than an outlet?) but you have to charge them so damn much they are really only useful for short term use.

I'll bet N just threw that clause in the guide as a favor to third-party accessory devs.

JorgieX said:
:smilewinkgrin: Here's a cool website that actualy sells Next Generation rechargable batteries that don't lose memory for while not used..these look like another option to try out. Just finding sites and letting you decide.! Check the site out here.

Hey man THANKS! I just ordered the Utility charger for $20 with shipping which includes 4 AA Rechargeable and 2 AAA Batteries for FREE. What a great deal man.

Back