**WARNING** Recharge stations my damage wiimotes

Okay, so I just figured out (2 nights ago) that it takes about 40mins (it turns green at 30) to fully recharge my remote for about 10-12 hours of play (meh, its quick at charging so I don't mind).

chucknorris013 said:
ya i gots the nyko and it works like a charm excepting that it wont fit into a wii zapper

i can cram mine into the zapper fine its a little tight but the nyko still works... but i love the rubber grip battery covers... i cant stand jackets, the nintendo brand is the only decent ones and even then i dont use them...

I use a play max one and have so since i got my wii, Sometimes it stis charging for a week or more and i haven't had any troubles

not really its pretty common practice to keep your rechargeable batterys in there chargers... look at power drills, cell phones, ect..
everything thats rechargeable these days you just expect they spent more then 2 bucks making the charger and that it wont blow up what you put on it if you leave it...
its the companies fault for making a product thats a decade behind the times to save a buck, sounds like they are going to loose it in the end i sure would be threatning them if i had burnt up remotes let alone if damage happened to my house...

i had a friend who bought a cheep 3rd party controller for his ps2 caught his bedroom on fire leaving it plugged in for some reason burt the carpet, bed, ps2, tv stand and smoke damage to alot of other things... he got a check for 15 grand no questions asked within a week. think what he could have got in court

even if they put a warning on the package they are still liable, they would have to get a signed contract to keep them out of fault in this case... thats the world today... somone hurts themself on your property even though you had no treaspassing signs up... you pay the bill

Last edited:
wezeles said:
not really its pretty common practice to keep your rechargeable batterys in there chargers... look at power drills, cell phones, ect..
everything thats rechargeable these days you just expect they spent more then 2 bucks making the charger and that it wont blow up what you put on it if you leave it...
its the companies fault for making a product thats a decade behind the times to save a buck, sounds like they are going to loose it in the end i sure would be threatning them if i had burnt up remotes let alone if damage happened to my house...

i had a friend who bought a cheep 3rd party controller for his ps2 caught his bedroom on fire leaving it plugged in for some reason burt the carpet, bed, ps2, tv stand and smoke damage to alot of other things... he got a check for 15 grand no questions asked within a week. think what he could have got in court

even if they put a warning on the package they are still liable, they would have to get a signed contract to keep them out of fault in this case... thats the world today... somone hurts themself on your property even though you had no treaspassing signs up... you pay the bill
I used the wrong words, I mean ignorant. People not knowing.

i hate 3rd party stuff to begin with... never seems to work half as well as the original... for this matter nintendo hasnt even tryed making a recharge station yet... so maybe there something in that...

and if you do get 3rd party atleast dont cheep out like with that no name one... atleast buy something with a name you have heard before.

Cant wait to see how badly the muck up the wiimotes with 3rd party versions...

Back