Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Five Things That Need To Be Done in 2008

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by CantGetAWii, Jan 10, 2008.

1. CantGetAWii

CantGetAWii WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3099-0319-5478-2979
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Gotta say I agree with the things, especially the Hard Drive.
    Thats a must if Nintendo wants us playing and buying their games.

Source:
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=179085

2. Xaegoth

Xaegoth WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6873-9817-9041-2501
    6873-9817-9041-2501
    Agree with all points, except the rechargeable batteries. I am perfectly happy with my Nyko ones.

Especially agree with the increased storage. They really just need to make it so you can play VC content off SD cards and that would satisfy me though.

3. Marty

Marty WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5862-3692-1844-5119
    5862-3692-1844-5119
    I agree completely although I don't like the idea of downloading full DS games for some reasons, but it would be nice to be able to download demos and updates for games. But the external hard drive is needed for sure.. I've only got a couple of VC games and I'm running out of space

4. SSJJason

SSJJason wa wa wa !

Wii Friend Code: 3054-4394-5675-1502
    3054-4394-5675-1502
    actully theres six:
    More shooting games!
    I mean the wii lacks when it comes to shooting games
    Ok theres seven:
    More assicores

5. The L.S

The L.S WiiChat Member

I pretty much agree, though I don't see why I need to Download DS games... Its really not that hard to pick up a game, as most 'gamers' don't have serious impromptu trips.

And I use the rechargeable batteries you can for for 10$, so I don't care about that either. Because of the cheapness of the said batteries, there isn't a point to buy a 30$ system.

6. wezeles

wezeles Guru of everything Ninty

Wii Friend Code: 6074-3351-1151-1701
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Hmm friends codes probably here to stay i would bet...
    and it doesnt bother me having a 12 digit code,but having a different code or name for every online game though... thats just stupid... the code should be universal.. i shouldnt have to keep adding the same people for every game...

It would be cool to See a rechargeable battery from nintendo... but its not going to make or break it... or barely effect it even with all the 3rd party support for them already

The downloadable DS games i doubt aswell... is there enough spare memory in a DS to hold a game?... and if not will nintendo give out blank memory "game" cards to download these games on? we know you will be able to download temp games to the DS but a permanent downloads?...
    I'm not sure that will happen this generation... they might dabble with it later on in the life maybe just before a new portibal comes out or just before a new gen console comes out...
    Next gen i expect alot of downloadable stuff because of the recent advancements... maybe even the majority of games being purchased online and downloaded instead...

Hard drive for sure would be awsome and needed for the big fans with alot of content to store, not to mention 3rd party game support where online downloads are part of the fun...

And for sure they need to change the way they work with and Treat the 3rd partys... nintendo will always stay alive with there titles but if they want to stay ontop... they need 3rd partys

7. RedProdigy

RedProdigy NOD fanatic

1)Wishful thinking. Nintendo is never going to abandon FCs so get over it. It doesn't NEED to do it because I know you guys will just go online even while cursing under your breaths.

2)Just go buy some rechargeable batteries if you're so concerned about your "carbon footprint".

3)Nintendo's already released a channel in Japan where you can download videos and demos for DS games. However, downloading DS games is wishful thinking simply because the DS isn't capable of holding games. The only way I can see that work is if Nintendo releases memory packs for DS games that you insert in DS/GBA slot but it's pretty much just like going out and buying a DS game.

4)Agreed

5)Don't agree. Nintendo shouldn't have to babysit 3rd parties to get their games. Publishers should be responsible for themselves and themselves only. If a 3rd party doesn't advertise, then it's their own damn fault. I mean, might as well just make Nintendo publish all of the Wii games if it "needs" to help others do their damn job.

8. 261311

261311 The Man on Ice

And I'll agree with your post :yesnod:
    Another thing I'd like to see in 08' is more VC points cards (optional increments, such as 500, 800, 1000, etc.) and possibly more for a cheaper price as well.

And of course more VC games. N64 is seriously lagging behind there.

9. WiitnessID

WiitnessID WiiChat Member

Agree with out even reading it.... O0ps Sorry the third party thing is silly... Sony and MS don't do it even though production cost more on those platforms! Now if they approach nintendo with a cool game then I'm sure they would help. Also too once the new demo or what ever channel comes out you won't need tv ads since every one will see the ads and demos...

Yet these would all be cool extras ya know... My 2gig sd card is doing just fine.

now a wireless sd card would be sweet since you could just get stuff off your PC then!

#9 WiitnessID, Jan 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  10. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

The Irony of this topic

11. Byuakuya

Byuakuya Bleach & Heroes fan.

I completely agree, especially with the change to the Friend Code System. It was ok to start with, but now it is just getting tedious.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sarasota

sarasota Let the Wii pwnage begin.

Good post, I agree with pretty much all of your points.
    I really hate to jump on the anti-friend codes bandwagon, but this is a major point........as much of a Ninty fanboy I am, this is rediculous, and has got to stop. Hard drive is pretty much a "has to happen" thing, and I'm sure that it will, I think we're all gonna be happy with '08 once the year ends. We've got some good games coming up, and I'm still happy with all the games I already have , so :)

13. lenitao3

lenitao3 Pswii or Wii360 ???

i agree with the 1st post....rechargable wii remotes are already available and cheap as well... :p

wii needs a hard drive as well.......if not a hard drive.....then a media streaming channel, which requires no hard drive or space......but i think many new features will be announced for wii in 2008....Nintendo can do everything with their "ideas"..... :)

14. Icandy

Icandy WiiChat Member

As far as the remote and battery consumption goes...I think they are talking about rechargeable remotes that charge through the system itself; like the PS3 has. I would dearly love that! I would also like a way to turn the remote off, even if the system is still on, so I'm not wearing down my batteries, or charge, while I go and answer the phone. Right now if I push the power button on the remote, it shuts the system down and not just the remote.

The hard drive thing is a given. They've got to do something and soon.

The friend's code thing never made much sense to me. It's tedious and I don't see how it protects anyone; if that was the idea. I think that needs to go.

15. samXcor3

samXcor3 the best kid!

Wii Friend Code: 3732-3369-2853-4491
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    [sarcasm]Ummm, somebody tell this guy it's FRIEND codes, not FRIEND'S codes. I refuse to read until this insulting correction is made! [/sarcasm]

16. WiitnessID

WiitnessID WiiChat Member

The Wii just square enix's praise! Well you know thats pretty big...

17. Torquid

Torquid WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 1311-1763-5388-6163
    1311-1763-5388-6163
    The friend code system is annoying, especially for each and every game. But i guess its sort of their security. Last thing i want is a wiibot spamming my wii with messages about junk.

18. SuperWii_7

SuperWii_7 WiiChat Member

Very good article.

The friend codes right now are a joke. I can't even explain how stupid they are, Nintendo really missed the target on that one... once again.

19. wezeles

wezeles Guru of everything Ninty

Wii Friend Code: 6074-3351-1151-1701
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    The friend code will be annoying for some time...
    i understand the concept behind it... make a 12 digit code instead of just screen names that could be inapropriate for younger users.. cool...

but whats the point of that when you have to add your friend and they have to add you before you can even talk online? that feature alone would protect you from spammers and inapropriate content you didnt want comming in...
    And ontop of it they make seperate codes for every online game... just a bad call..

but this is nintendos first time going at online in a big way so they are aloud these types of mistakes aslong as they work them out in the future....

20. SuperWii_7

SuperWii_7 WiiChat Member

You're completely right but don't get blinding by Nintendo. They've seen how other systems have handled the online mode, we can't just accept their mistakes and carry on! If Nintendo wants to be a leader in gaming than they better get their online act together. I don't care if its their first time, they should have done their bloody research.