internet channel free trial

I hope that when the full version is released an update to the firmware (or whatever it's called) is released that allows us to take photos when paused (like when you press the home button), during games, in the Mii channel, etc. Sort of like a screenshot, which we can then save to system memory, or an SD card, play around with in the photo channel, and upload to this and other sites via the internet channel.

It's alright at the moment, but I'd like to see a lot of the bugs worked out before the final release. Also, I'd love it if the final release of the Internet Channel was free. I don't know if there has any information released about it yet, but if Nintendo made you pay to download it I don't see why people who already had the trial wouldn't stick with it.

adrelith said:
It's alright at the moment, but I'd like to see a lot of the bugs worked out before the final release. Also, I'd love it if the final release of the Internet Channel was free. I don't know if there has any information released about it yet, but if Nintendo made you pay to download it I don't see why people who already had the trial wouldn't stick with it.

I just checked the Opera website and found this: http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/12/22/

"Availability
Nintendo is currently offering a free trial of Opera for Wii which is now available for download. The release of the final version of the Opera browser for Wii is currently scheduled for late March 2007. Opera for Wii will remain a free download until June 30, 2007. After June 30, Opera will be available for download from the Wii Shop Channel for 500 Wii points. Users who download Opera before June 30, 2007, can continue to use the browser at no cost for the lifetime of the Wii system."

Looks like the complete version will be free for a limited time.

Oceanic said:
I just checked the Opera website and found this: http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2006/12/22/

"Availability
Nintendo is currently offering a free trial of Opera for Wii which is now available for download. The release of the final version of the Opera browser for Wii is currently scheduled for late March 2007. Opera for Wii will remain a free download until June 30, 2007. After June 30, Opera will be available for download from the Wii Shop Channel for 500 Wii points. Users who download Opera before June 30, 2007, can continue to use the browser at no cost for the lifetime of the Wii system."

Looks like the complete version will be free for a limited time.

This has been known for quite a while now.

Nintendo needs to be sure to keep up with updates for the browser. Once the final version comes out I hope it has support for the latest flash version and continues to update to the latest releases of software for other things also.

i downloaded the free trial today it ok . when the final version comes out will the free trial go away or will it just tern into the final version

Back