Internet Update is HERE NOW

It says download free till june 2007 does this mean it will cost wiipoints for updates?

EDIT: I whent to that tv-links.co.uk site and Dragon ball Z works so I assume others do too! 52 " movies with out buying/renting said movie who needs an apple tv?

Last edited:
Has anyone tried using the Orb media player with the final wii internet channel ? I could get mine working and I don't know if that is because of an incompatible orb version (I have v2.0) or if its just my pc-wii interaction messing up.

Well maybe they'll update it soon & give it Flash 8.......

Maybe.. that's pretty much all i'd use it for (Tv-Links)... otherwise it's pretty useless, considering my computer is only 20 feet away. It's not even that great to be honest. The Zoom feature screws up everytime.

Especially without a keyboard I don't see myself using it often unless a bunch of peekvid type sites come out with wii friendly stuff. I'm trying peekvid and it just loads way too slowly. Maybe its just the connection I have here.

It does not have the latest versions of Flash and Java, to me its useless now because thats all I wanted to be upgraded.

Yeah.... Also it makes alot of the sites I go to look like crap...... Plus there are blank spaceson the edges of every page.......

but then again guys i dont really see much of a difference >_< and i had it updated.

Wiitime said:
these are the new features.. i got them from gonintendo.com
- Parental Control support
- Optional Internet content filter provided by Astaro (available soon)
- Improved start-up speed
- Clearer text when zoomed-in
- Improved Wii Remote navigation
- Improved scrolling and zooming
- Built-in search via Yahoo! or Google
- Option to hide Toolbar
- New cursor animations and operation sounds
- Ability to view page security information
- Option to delete cookies
- Built-in support manual

that made me laugh, (the thing in bold) if you actually go and use it you will find it to be more difficult than the old way of scrolling or navigating (watever you call it) basicly you use this weird stretchy line and often moves to fast or if you don't make a straight line it goes diagonal, its just unnecessary and if anything harder than the old way where you just pressed B and got closer or further from an arrow to go in a direction.

i just downloaded it a little while ago and its awsome! It does have youtube, i tested it out. I must admit, its cool!!!!
Well done Nintendo

wasn't youtube working prior to the update :scared: I'm mad though because i went to ebaumsworld and no videos would work.

YouTube works because it uses flash 7 .. most other sites don't because they encode in flash 8.

A good website would be anyone download all the movies from tv-links and convert hem from 8 to 7 :D

Back