Is anyone else thinking what i'm thinking?

Spyro

Wii60
Jul 11, 2007
Kind of wondering why Duck Hunt hasn't been added to VC yet...you'd think that'd be the most obvious choice.

Many people (including me) would love to have Duck Hunt (NES) available on the VC. All I can say is just be patient, I'm 75% sure Nintendo will eventually release Duck Hunt for the shop channel.

only thing is its almost 100% definate that it wont be updated to use wiimotes pointer,

although, it did have that guns capabilities.

possibly.

ill monyl download it when it comes if it uses wiimotes pointer

But it can be played for free online.. .. ..

i think it will be released once the Wii zapper is out. makes perfect sense since back with the NES, you did have a lil orange gun to play it with.

ZeLdA4LiFe said:
i think it will be released once the Wii zapper is out. makes perfect sense since back with the NES, you did have a lil orange gun to play it with.

That would probably be the most logical thing. Isn't there already talk that Nintendo is bundling games with it like Wii Play?

It will have a reticule? why? the first Duck Hunt game didn't have one..I hate shooters with reticules...that's why I'm only getting Ghost Squad which has no reticule, or at least that's what it looks like in the screens for the game.

I'd think another obvious choice would be Super Smash Bros. Maybe they're waiting to release it when Brawl's out..

I'm surprised there's so much interest in Duck Hunt! When I got my first NES, more years ago than I care to mention, Duck Hunt was a pack-in with Super Mario Bros. I remember being curiously into Duck Hunt for a short time when I first got the system, but quickly got bored with it. I can understand why they would include this with the system- to better showcase the system's abilities, much like Wii Sports does today. I never got to play many of the other Zapper games. Does anyone remember the Super Scope for the SNES? I never got to play that either. As you can see I had a tragically deprived childhood.

You're dead on halfcrazed, I 'm hardly waiting with abated breath for them to release Duck Hunt on the VC. There's better lightgun games that could be put out, and they aren't about hunting ducks with a pistol while a dog laughs at you. Duck hunt was an okay game when it was released (and I would never have given it a second look if it didn't come with mario) but it can't stand the test of time, especially when compared to light gun classics like House of the Dead, Virtua Cop and Time Crisis. Or even it's contemporary competitors, like Chiller.

Duck Hunt isn't that good of a game, it never even got finished! :/ You get to level "00" (after beating level 99) and you just hear the sound of duck wings, then you lose.

Back