Is brawl getting old?

A little bit ... Its fun to play Drunk or when in the mood for change in pace from other 2d fighting games.

It is for me I only play when friends beg me to play. I've played brawl since around its release date. But I agree with ricardo, you can join tournaments and you'll have much more fun. Playing with friends is fun for me once I get into it. But right now Im more interested in the new games coming out and their online capabilities.

unless you're playing with friends, brawl (like all fighting games) gets very old very quick. like mortal kombat, i LOVE MK but it gets so old playing by myself or against online opponents. same with street fighter.

I played outbrawl and moved on to mkw. The clan activities are more fun and I'm proud of managing one also :')

Brawl is a fickle game. Like Marth101 said the tourny action is where its at. Me and my friends all have the game but we don't really play it. (I can't cause my Wii is busted) We all still enjoy pounding the crap out of each other with our favs but if given the choice, we'll play something else. Its a great game but it just doesn't have the same timeless charm as Melee or even the 64 version. We still play but we put in something different pretty quickly. The only time we really start playing like addicted crack heads is when we're practicing for a tourny cause those are the major hot spots. Fighting against all those other people, each one doing something differently and for money? The tourny scene is definately where you should be playing smash.

I don't think so. I've been playing it for months and so are millions of other SSBB players.

even tourneys r frustraighting to me. and it seems i cant get any better than i am now. plus im banned from wifi for a few days..

Banned from wi-fi? What the fuck'd you do, Kento? :lol:

I know how that feels... I'm a bit worse than I used to be, I've reached my skill limit (without devoting myself to being competitive again). Being a casual player only gets you so far, eh?

Reach your skill limit, huh?

Well I've been there too, what you have to do is admit that you are not good, and that you're character is not good as he seems to be. (unless you main mk of course, everybody knows what he can do).

Start from scratch, start learning match-ups, practice and try out new stuff. If you think you reached a certain limit that's because you are playing your character wrong, or you are just doing the same thing over and over.

I used to do that with Marth. I would play everybody the same way, I would use the same tactics, and all that jazz, and I would win 80% of the time. At that time, I thought I was really good. Then I started playing really good people, and they would just read me like a book, and punish me for doing alot of dumb stuff.

That's why now, my playstyle with Marth, differs for every character I play. Plus its always fun learning match-ups and what not.

oh and try to stick to one main character, having multiple mains won't help. :[

Back