is it to hard to control?

xbald8

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2007
i am handicapped and think the controls might be to hard for me to enjoy any wii games.i really like mario but i dont think it would be worth it if i cant control very good.i need to know how hard it is to control so i can get a wii without worrying.i also have a ps3 but i need some mario games to enjoy also.

I don't see you being handicapped being a problem, I lay in bed and play, I haven't once stood and played a game.
(I'm assuming you can't use your legs)

Last edited:
Ok first of all without sounding rude how are you handicapped ? If its your hands then i strongly suggest you try playing a wii before you buy one. If its not your hands then you should be fine.

I hope that didnt sound rude and im sorry if it did.

my cousin is mental and physically handicapped (waste down) and she can play a wii. not well obviously but plays wiisports, warioware, the game with rabbits and plungers and more. i thing you will be fine

i have duchenne muscular dystrophy.my legs are really weak so i cant walk but i have a decent amount of strength in my arms.i dont play many sports game and those look the hardest but i should be fine then.

I'm sorry to hear that, but yeah, I'm sure you'll be fine, some games can make your arms a little sore, but that's about it.

Like cannon was saying, it is VERY dependant on what your disability is as to whether the Wii is viable for you.

First off, I am assuming since you can play the PS3 that older game systems (i.e. button mashing) is ok for you. If that is true, then the VC and GC are wide open for you. Also there are quite a few games that really only use the buttons or GC or classic controllers, or have very limited motion capabilities (Fire Emblem, Super Paper Mario, Excite truck, among quite a few others).

Now this is where it gets a little tricky to guess for you. Some games use the motion and/or pointer heavily. Every Wii game I own, I can and do play sitting down (usually quite slouched, but some do require me to sit upright) easily and comfortably. In order to play Metroid, Tiger Woods, and GH3 I need to sit upright, each game for a different reason. GH3 is purely to be comfortable in order to use that controller. Meteroid is due to having the pointer being heavily in use, and Tiger Woods because the swing motion is very awkward to do correct slouching. So this aspect of your question is really dependant on your specific disability. If you can move your wrists and elbows, with good "twitch" ability, you should be fine. A large part can be done with small wrist movements either up/down, side to side, and moving the wiimote forward and back. Some other games (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Madden) require move advanced (arm) movements but those games, for now, are not the majority. One last thing that may or may not be of importance to you is the pointer. You do need to have a relatively steady hand for some things. If your hands are very shaky, or "twitchy" this can and will cause some issues as the controller will interpret these as game commands.

If your disabiity does not effect your hands and arms, then you should have no worries about owning a Wii.

xbald8 said:
i have duchenne muscular dystrophy.my legs are really weak so i cant walk but i have a decent amount of strength in my arms.i dont play many sports game and those look the hardest but i should be fine then.

This wasn't posted yet when I replied so sorry for the double

You should be completely fine. Knowing how my cousins (twins) have lived with that same disability, I cannot see them having any problems with any games I have played.

Go for it bro. Some games involve just a flick o' the wrist at most. My friends friend has a disorder in his left hand (sorry i dont know the name) and he sits his x-box controller on his leg and then sprawls his good hand across it and plays one-handed. Ive even seen him beat people at halo 2. Disabilaties shouldnt be a problem for wii.

You don't need legs at all, though it may be a bit awkward to play Wii Bowling and Golf at first, but you'll get used to it after a couple hours of playing. If you have slightly weak arms, it may be a bit of a struggle playing Baseball and Tennis for longer times, as I'm a pretty fit person and my arms feel a little sore after an hour of playing.

But I'm just talking about Wii Sports, most games don't have these drastic movements at all. For example, Mario Galaxy requires a flick of the wrist that's all.

Back