is religion real ?

What can you base that statement on?

The fact that near everyone including Christians scrape for any extra time on this planet they can get.

its even funnier when people talk as if they know more than those who actually do.
the bible does talk about going to church. church isnt a building, nor is it a sunday morning service. Church is a community of people, who come together to learn and fellowship together. it isnt limited to a sermon sunday morning, or a youth group on friday nights. The bible tells christians to associate with one another, and to congregate to refresh and relax together. Not going to church isn't 'more christian-like', and is actually not a good thing. if you dont like the church you attend, find another, or investigate why you don't like it.

when the bible speaks of a sabbath day, it is meaning it as a day of rest from the labours of your week. if the bible speaks of congregating with other christians, what day would it make the most sense to meet? the day of rest of course.

YOu speak of someone who is ignorant of, but chooses to cross-believe what the Bible speaks.

also, a discussion on is religion real, is pointless. noone can prove faith to someone who doesnt want to believe. and someone who says 'ill believe when i am shown proof', will always find a 'logical' reason for their disbelief.

a reliegion thread should be stickied, closed, and left to die. nothing but hurt feelings will come of it.
You're right, but what he is referring to is how Christian parents suppress their children to go to church and to be Christian, you know, how Christians multiply. Paradigms for the win!

I kind of like this Devil dude though, I mean, all I know about him is told to me by the 'God' followers, who also are hypocrites and cause more deaths on this planet than anyone else, so why should I take their word? 'God' forces me to follow his religion to get in his place, but the Devil really lets anyone in his place, you don't even have to be bad, you just have to not follow 'God', so why should I take 'God' follower's word for it being a bad place?

Last edited:
I kind of like this Devil dude though, I mean, all I know about him is told to me by the 'God' followers, who also are hypocrites and cause more deaths on this planet than anyone else

The Devil lead Adam and Eve into sin. Sin results in death and sin has been passed on to the entire human race - we are born into sin (think of it like a genetic trait passed on from each generation to the next). You can't not be sinful - it's what we are now as a result of the Devil's deceit. Every death that has ever occurred can ultimately be traced back to that original sin caused by the Devil's deception.

You are correct about the hypocrites who have killed millions in the name of religion - yet that too is a result of our sinful nature, which again was brought forth by the devil.

However, we are doomed to a life of mayhem and murder. We have a choice how to live our lives. We can choose to follow God to the best of our abilities - God knows of our sinful imperfection and knows we will mess up and he has provided a way for us to be forgiven for our transgressions that we ourselves are incapable of providing.

I kind of like this Devil dude though, I mean, all I know about him is told to me by the 'God' followers, who also are hypocrites and cause more deaths on this planet than anyone else, so why should I take their word? 'God' forces me to follow his religion to get in his place, but the Devil really lets anyone in his place, you don't even have to be bad, you just have to not follow 'God', so why should I take 'God' follower's word for it being a bad place?

God created Satin, therefore God being the more powerful being.

God created Satin, therefore God being the more powerful being.

common belief is that Satan was an LEad Angell, and tried to take power for himself, and was thus banished. God didnt make Satan evil, he (it?) chose that for themself.

I was taught not to believe in the devil, so I don't.

The fact that near everyone including Christians scrape for any extra time on this planet they can get.

So what you think Christians should be blowing themselves up to get to heaven faster.
The Storm said:
In my serious and honest opinion, the only thing religion has given us is a reason to fight and kill. Look back on history, almost every war was based on religious differences. Whether it was as early as Galileo and his theory of the Universe, or as recent as World War 2 with the Jewish.

I don't really agree with the how "religion caused the holocaust" thing. Hitler imprisioned the Jews not so much because of their faith, but because they were a great scapegoat. There were alot of them in Europe and thoughout history they have always been prosecuted.

If religion was never created I still think the holocaust would have happened. The Nazi would have just done after some other trait that sets people apart, which he still did anyway. Also, society views the jewish people as a race and a religion.

Last edited:
the devil didn't try and seize power just like that. you make him seem so bad. the devil was a lead angel and he loved got perhaps more than any other angel. he became jealous of humans because they were gods favorite invention so to say. after his jealousy corrupted him he then tried to take power from god.

he was sadly a victim. he was too hurt and sad over not being the favorite anymore(as were angels before god created humans). his bitterness turned to hatred and thats how envy became a deadly sin and that's he went from a beautiful creature to a warped twisted ugly monster.

this was originally a book that was supposed to be in the bible however the very first christians did not want this story told so they banned it when the saw it written in the very first prototype of the bible.
there were other books left out too from the bible but that's not what this topic about.

Actually, the Holocaust was more based on ideas rooted in evolution and Atheism. If we are simply evolved from apes and a product of survival of the fittest, why don't we help it along and eradicate all the people who are not fit to breed? Hitler thought such people were the Jews mainly, so yeah. Holocaust.

So what you think Christians should be blowing themselves up to get to heaven faster.

I don't really agree with the how "religion caused the holocaust" thing. Hitler imprisioned the Jews not so much because of their faith, but because they were a great scapegoat. There were alot of them in Europe and thoughout history they have always been prosecuted.

If religion was never created I still think the holocaust would have happened. The Nazi would have just done after some other trait that sets people apart, which he still did anyway. Also, society views the jewish people as a race and a religion.
Did I mention the Holocaust? But still, the Holocaust is an example of how following a religion can get you killed.

And get this.
Who is to say that Satan wasn't a too-cool angel and God was jealous because he was getting everyone on his side? So out of jealousy he banished him to his own crib (is there any proof to contradict this?) Killing is actually a good thing, it gets you to the afterlife faster, God was just cranky because Satan was encouraging people to get one another to eternal bliss more easily. This is why murdering Christians/other religions shouldn't be against the law, because by their beliefs they're going to a greater place, and for Atheist's it is natural selection, everyone wins!

Lets get down to the root question. Why do people worship god(s)?

Well that's easy. Most people inherit the belief from their parents and never bother to question it during their life. Or they're easily garnered by the promises of an afterlife. Why would someone devout their life to living by a book that was written two thousand years ago, that is "supposedly" the divine word of an invisible man in the sky? A religion based on a cosmic Jew born to a virgin that traveled the countryside, eventually being executed by the polytheistic Romans. Then, rising from the dead as a cosmic zombie Jew to go to a mystical land in the sky?

At least Science has evidence to substantiate most of it's claims. We don't claim to know all the answers, that would be silly. We don't even know what caused the big bang yet. ( Or if it really was the big bang, and not something else) Yet, Religion has ALL of the answers, and salvation too!

A little fishy, ain't it? A legitimate explanation, or a hoax to control people by tugging on their belief strings?

Note: I used Christianity as a main example because I assume most Theists here are Christian. Not to single out one religion to pick apart.

Note 2: I would agree completely that this forum needs a debate section. I bet some people are sick of the lounge being flooded with threads like these.

Actually, the Holocaust was more based on ideas rooted in evolution and Atheism. If we are simply evolved from apes and a product of survival of the fittest, why don't we help it along and eradicate all the people who are not fit to breed? Hitler thought such people were the Jews mainly, so yeah. Holocaust.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. The Holocaust had nothing to do with Atheism (Hitler and most of the Nazis were Christian), and at best it's based on an extremely warped view of evolution.

Lets get down to the root question. Why do people worship god(s)?

Well that's easy. Most people inherit the belief from their parents and never bother to question it during their life. Or they're easily garnered by the promises of an afterlife. Why would someone devout their life to living by a book that was written two thousand years ago, that is "supposedly" the divine word of an invisible man in the sky? A religion based on a cosmic Jew born to a virgin that traveled the countryside, eventually being executed by the polytheistic Romans. Then, rising from the dead as a cosmic zombie Jew to go to a mystical land in the sky?

At least Science has evidence to substantiate most of it's claims. We don't claim to know all the answers, that would be silly. We don't even know what caused the big bang yet. ( Or if it really was the big bang, and not something else) Yet, Religion has ALL of the answers, and salvation too!

A little fishy, ain't it? A legitimate explanation, or a hoax to control people by tugging on their belief strings?

Note: I used Christianity as a main example because I assume most Theists here are Christian. Not to single out one religion to pick apart.

Note 2: I would agree completely that this forum needs a debate section. I bet some people are sick of the lounge being flooded with threads like these.
Truth!

PROTIP: Don't try to nail your child's head with an idea (aka brainwash) during their most sensitive years where they don't understand much and still think things like Santa are real, then see how they turn out.

Last edited:
Truth!

PROTIP: Don't try to nail your child's head with an idea (aka brainwash) during their most sensitive years where they don't understand much and still think things like Santa are real, then see how they turn out.

If I ever have children, I'm not going to instill ideas like religion into their heads. I don't need a fairytale to teach my kids morality.

And I don't need a fat man in a red suit as an excuse to give my kids presents once in a while! :lol:

Back