Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is sheik a disappointment compared to other characters?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube' started by linkzeldagame, Sep 30, 2006.

1. linkzeldagame

linkzeldagame Posts when necessary.

THe question of this forum is the title of this forum - Is sheik a disappointment compared to other characters? As in she's too easy to learn and that's all there is to learn - tilts, smashes, aerials, and only one projectile?!?!?

Sheik doesn't have the steep learning curve that is associated with many characters... Eg Link / ICs

Also, who do you think is the cheapest character to battle against / with ? (IE the character that has the easiest to execute killing move?)

2. MetroidZ

MetroidZ Only took 4 years to get1

Wii Friend Code: 1000-0000-0000-0000
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    i think sheik is a great character, and besides it not a seperate character.

ice climbers piss me off, and i dont see the point of young link.

3. in touch with the wii

in touch with the wii prez , you suck :p

Wii Friend Code: 5767-9309-0719-3080
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    dont diss sheik she s cool and ummmmmmmm i dont think any of the charaters have cheap finishing moves

4. linkzeldagame

You could try Peach's fthrow when opponent is > 120% damage.
    ...That's a cheap killing move.

5. Trickz

Trickz -_-

Lots of players are finding ways to defeat Sheik, but I don't consider Sheik a dissapointment, with that many characters it would be amazing if the game was completely balanced.

6. ganondorf234

ganondorf234 Darkness Within!!!!!!!!!

shiek is not the best but i dont see why pichu is in it.

7. Trickz

Trickz -_-

Do you understand why Sheik would be considered a dissapointment in the first place? That comment (refering to above poster) is has absolutely nothing to do with it. Sheik is not the best, but the fact that newer players can get good with Sheik so quickly while characters like Link take a long time to master is why Sheik would be considered a dissapointment.

8. linkzeldagame

Trickz - you hit it right on the target!

Practising with hard to master characters (fox, link, etc) and then switching to an easy character (sheik) forces you to play on a very simple level and that is where the disappointment comes from. Getting used to the hang of waveshines with Fox is far more challenging than learning how to use Sheik's ftilt into fair combo. Flexibility that comes with mastering harder chars almost completely disappears when switching to a newb character, regardless of tiers or not.

Legend:
    Waveshine = reflector, perfect wavedash, repeat.
    Fair = forward aerial
    ftilt = tilt joystick then press A so not to cause a smash attack.
    perfect wavedash = the longest possible wavedash a character can do without doing an airdodge.
    tier = collective agreement between pro players and game analysts on which character is better than the other in terms of skills and strategy, regardless of 'counter picking' characters

9. ganondorf234

i have played ssb and ssbm and im a master at ganondorf (new character)
    plus i dont like captain falcon.

10. Trickz

Trickz -_-

That is clearly a spam post. Please do not post for the sake of posting, make sure your posts contain some meaning or contribute to the conversation in some way.

11. jiarachi_dancing_man

jiarachi_dancing_man WiiChat Member

i agree, but moving back on topic, i think because shiek is so simple, she poses no real threat to the other characters, sheiks moves are simple but they are not very effective at all, so to fully capitilize on shieks abilities it does take just as long as it does to master characters such as link and fox
    p.s. i use Link, i'm not biased

12. Dark Void

Dark Void WiiChat Member

roflmfao, you people are still ranting on about shiek... sigh........... move on the game is obviously not balanced.... its a console game what can you do about it? nothing, but start threads like this. Shiek is not that cheap of a chracter but everyone thinks so, I can easily use marth but i prefer shiek because she is a fast charachter (and the closest thing to a ninja in ssbm =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p =p ) I dont care about tiers or anything as long as i play a chracter i think is cool which is why i play bowser sometimes as well as peach and jiggs) But anyway, people need to move on with this whole shiek thing nobody here is saying anything new.

13. linkzeldagame

No nobody is saying anything new just for the sake of convo like you anime guys like to talk about anime just for the sake of passing time and having a good convo. Its good to hear what other people say on the subject.

14. ganondorf234

no it isnt.
    because thats my opinion.

#14 ganondorf234, Oct 4, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  15. in touch with the wii

in touch with the wii prez , you suck :p

Wii Friend Code: 5767-9309-0719-3080
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    no point she is not gonna be in ssbb

16. Trickz

Trickz -_-

rofl, don't bother Dark_Void. Sheik isn't cheap because she's (he's?) unbeatable, but because its so easy for a new player to get to a skill level above others trying to use other characters. You can use Sheik all you want, I won't bash you for it. But before you make a comment like that, realize what your saying. We're discussing the game, and the game is obviously not balanced, as you said. But some people like to discuss the matter. Sometimes people just get frustrated when a player that have little skill can use a character so effectively. Sheiks pretty much n00b-proof.

17. Dark Void

Dark Void WiiChat Member

Do I dare start another discusion with Tricks.......................................................................... Of coarse I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_<

Your right you are discussing the game and the game is obviously not balanced but honestly shiek is not as bad as people think she is. Each time I play versus some of my friends I Ban certain moves (from myselfe) to use with him ( I believe she was dressed as a male Sheika in the game). I dont think the matter is Shiek is "easy" to learn because there are all of the special skills that were discoverd, the thing people dont like is she is a killer which fits her title perfet. Ninja's are supposed to be quick and silent killers are they not? makes sence that shiek should be better than slightley slower but stronger charachters untill they are masterd better by players)

#17 Dark Void, Oct 4, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  18. Mr_Stoukaph

Mr_Stoukaph WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2509-0795-4188-6793
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    i think the fact that she is an original character and not a clone greatly adds to the fact that she will be in SSBB. plus didnt the creator say that all the SSBM characters will be in SSBB?

19. Dark Void

Dark Void WiiChat Member

I agree with Stoukaph. There are not many characters with the theme that shiek has, also her moves are diferent (not that SOME are omni because most played characters have an omni move or combo) If Shiek is not in SSBB that would really be retarded

20. Mr_Stoukaph

Mr_Stoukaph WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2509-0795-4188-6793
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    didnt you pick Sheik because she was at the top of the SSBM tier? you probably would have stayed with Young Link if you wouldnt have seen it online...