Is sheik a disappointment compared to other characters?

i like using shiek. however sometimes she can be too fast and i can fall right off the stage if u know what i mean. but overall she is a good character to use if you know how to make full use of her moves.

(mumble mumble....)
note to self: i REALLY need to brush up on my character's attacks.

personally, i think shiek is weak too. her attacks don't have much knockback or do much damage, but she can be a good character. utilize all of her attacks and create different types of combos for her. make use of her speed too because that usually helps out a lot. im not really a shiek player, but i play every so often. im ok, i guess, but i've seen great shiek players, and although her attacks are weak, they can rack up a lot of damage in a melee match.

Sheik doesn't have general all round powerful moves as what SuperSmasher025 said. She has tilts which do not have the high knockback but they are GREAT for racking up damage provided the opponent does not really know how to get out of them (hint - joystick). Even I fall for them at times if I forget how to get out of them because I get to carried away with what I'm trying to do at the time and not react accordingly with the situation my character is in.

Her tilts launch her opponents upwards so its a great setup for her forward aerial move (some ppl call it the 'slap' or biatch move). Her downthrow also throws her opponent downwards then upwards, placing them in the right spot to for her to fair them. The forward aerial is the only attack she has that has INSANE knockback. (I don't know what the percentage is.) and it sends the opponent a slight degree less than horizontal. This means if the opponent has about 90% damage and is at the edge of the stage, he can be hit by the fair (forward aerial) and he has an extremely low chance of getting back on stage (unless its Peach or Jigglypuff).

When most people start playing smash (myself included) we learn how to use the basics but as we progress we focus mostly on rolls, specials and smashes to hit the opponent. As our game progresses our options increase as we begin to realise that there's not only smashes, specials and rolls but air dodges, aerials, tilts, and spikes (meteor smashes). Tilts are not powerful (except for some characters) but they're great for racking up damage or moving the opponent to where you want them to be to set up for another different attack. (Eg for sheik: Ftilt, Ftilt, etc, Short hop, forward air). Gradually we learn how each characters attack work and how to utiltise them in many situations. The further we improve on our options the better our strategies improve provided we try to predict the opponents attacks.

Say again? Too weak? No attack is too weak or too powerful. Its how effectively you can land it on the opponent. Landing Link's Dair onto an opponent and KOing him after missing for like 20 times doesnt show you've won the match. It shows poor skills and strategies.

A better option would be to set up using projectiles and then rush in with either a grab to a Dair or smash forward (follow second slash if it hits). People can try spamming Falcon punch FTW, but a decent player can catch on that and bait the opponent to doing it again while he retaliates by doing a strong and laggy move to use the opportunity to his advantage.

Last edited:
Ya he knows the game, and can get it out in words way better than me >.<
You'll never see one of those 3 paragraph posts from me!

that is the sole reason i like playing shiek, she does not have amazingly strong attacks but she is fast. In every game regardless of what it is, i always choose seed over power =p Why bother with 58% atacks when I can easily avoid it, and while you are doing that move get you in a combo and deal an equal or higher amount of damage, plus it looks cooler =p

really, why do people not like shiek as much as i thought? i don't know if it's about her gender or not but come on, she's good otherwise. her speed makes up for her "weak attacks." i too like choosing speed over power but sometimes when i play i tend to get really angry and play the strong characters that can knock you out in about 3 seconds.

Believe it or not, but Shiek is one of the best 3 charectors in SSBM. The other two are Marth and Falco. (This is not my opinion, it is the average opinion by every SSBM champion.)

Actually the 'tier' or best character list goes like this (source from smashboards: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81928)

Top Tier:
Fox
Falco

High Tier:
Sheik
Marth
Peach

Middle Tier:
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Doctor Mario
Jigglypuff
Mario
Ganondorf

Low Tier:
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu

Bottom Tier:
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

hello Pyromuffin... Something you want to say here in this Sheik forum or are you just trying to get your posts up.

For future reference do not just spam two words just for the sake of boredom/popularity/egotism. How old are you?

Despite Fox / Falco being top tier, which pisses me off generally as I OFTEN fight Fox / Falco players and it does become a bore and they're also very hard to beat generally. It becomes an uphill battle for my Marth.

Sheik is a bit easier to deal with, along with Peach but she is just plain fast. Peach is more of a brawler type character in comparison to Sheik.

Yeah DK can do HANDSLAP... but its a very laggy attack. The cheapest character is someone who can, by definition, pull out a high knockback move that is very easy to execute perfectly and is often fast so becomes hard to avoid.

Cheap move for Marth: Fsmash
Cheap move for Peach: Dsmash and Fthrow
Cheap move for Sheik: Fair
Cheap move for ICs: side cstick smash throw
Cheap move for Link: up B
Cheap move for Fox: Utilt/Usmash/Reflector

Back