Is the Wii ever going to come out with games such as Halo?!?!

kronau said:
two words halo sucks
That's your opinion, but the truth is it practically revived the FPS genre, saved Xbox and Microsoft, and according to G4 more than half of ALL Xbox owners own Halo 3, to say it sucks is your opinion but to say it is a failure is 100% false.

i agree in that the wii needs a great fps, if it made a good game like halo for example (halo for me was to childish) and the controls were fine it would be 1 of the bes t games ever the wii controls on paper suit a fps but they just need to make 1.

i would love a timpslitters game they kick a$$

jimbo said:
i agree in that the wii needs a great fps, if it made a good game like halo for example (halo for me was to childish) and the controls were fine it would be 1 of the bes t games ever the wii controls on paper suit a fps but they just need to make 1.

i would love a timpslitters game they kick a$$
Too childish?
Yeah...um what?
If you're talking about all those 10 year old kids playing Halo, swearing every five seconds, and corpse humping you after they killed you, then yes, that is childish. Other than that though...

Yes, the Wii does need a nice FPS. It would be very nice indeed, I just don't think any developer will get something anywhere near close to Halo standard. I really don't think there is going to be a game where it will repeat what Halo has done. The only game I can think of that could come remotely close (Have the best chance...) to that would be Timesplitters 4 (Maybe CoD 5 if it does come out on the Wii like i've heard)

No. There won't be a game like Halo on the wii. Halo already exists on the 360. So if you wana to play Halo, than get a 360.

jimbo said:
romj he means like it so mostly another fps with is great to millions of people

Oh ok. In that case, I hope the wii gets a great first person shooter too.

The thing that concerns me is that people will expect it to look at play like Gears of War or Halo 3 and that is unrealistic. If they do, than there will be allways disapointment. The only way this is gonna work is that people stop comparing the wii to the PS360 and and enjoy the game that are made for it, as is. If not, than I'll say again, get a 360, cuz nothing short of that will satify the person.

romj i agree dont compare a wii fps to halo just enjoy it as you should when you play games.

just beacuse it no halo dosnt make it a poor game to some people it could get a review of 9.8/10 and it wouldnt be better but im guess-ing a halo beater is more likely to come on the other consoles

Nichelfish said:
In theory, there is nothing stopping developers creating a good FPS game for the Wii.

Arguments against creating an FPS for the Wii, and why in my opinion, they are not valid:
Control systems not being able to function well with a fast-paced FPS: both motion-sensing Wii controls and analog-style Xbox/Playstation controls can handle FPS games well. In fact, many claim that the Wii remote style is a lot more comfortable, as it is closer to the mouse/keyboard style of play for FPS which is the most comfortable for some players.

Graphics not being upto scratch/processing power not enough to handle fast-paced FPS: Graphical quality is inconsequential. As far as processing power goes, well, the Wii would be very much at home handling a fast-paced shoot with lots going on provided the graphics were scaled to an appropriate level so as to encounter no frame loss. See the new MOH Wii game for evidence of that.

The Wii is aimed at a family audience – an FPS game may not be widely received: The Wii has a PLETHORA of party games, and games catered towards the younger generation already. It has games catered towards the older generation(s) too I’ll not deny, but the fact is, for a console to be recognised as a ‘family console’ and not a ‘kiddie/casual console’ it needs to cater for everyone in the family – not just casual gamers. There is a niche in the Wii game market that is not being filled, and this niche is with decent quality action/shooter/FPS games for the serious gamer, with online capabilities. The opposing view here is that if you want that, go to another console - but still, I think these types of games would be great with the Wii control method.

I think that most developers/publishers will aim towards a console such as the Xbox 360 or the PS3 with FPS games as those consoles are more geared towards those types of gamers. For a decent FPS game to be released SOLELY on the Wii is a big gamble that may or may not bring in the profit returns they desire - much more likely, is that the same FPS game on the Xbox360/PS3 will bring in much more. Which is why IMO we’re more likely to see cross-platform FPS games on the Wii as opposed to decent Wii-exclusive games for the serious action/shooter/FPS enthusiast. Not saying I don't think it'll happen, just that they'll be few and far between.

Just my opinion, of course.

Great post man but as you will see the sudden rush of me too FPS has even hurt the king of FPSs epic with the PS3 version of the game not even doing that well any more. I saw this coming as even my PC has too many FPSs to play at the moment. True there are other games yet big name games are actually hurting each other right now.

Also too every one can make a nice looking FPS yet few can make a great one or afford to market a game like halo 3. Another thing is there is really only room for one fantasy shooter and a realistic shooter on the market due to game play restrictions.

The funny thing is people love the HD systems but I think a lot of people are having a hard time saving up or parting with 400 dollar let along an HDtv set up. I similar thing happened with the neo geo back in the day and more so with the saturn which was 400 back then.

Another funny thing is their are a lot of engines floating around that could work on the Wii and if nintendo just got factor 5 to just make them an engine that would actually help with proto typing the shader to nintendo Wii graphics pipe line you may see better graphics. The one thing I have not seen at all on this system is a performance bench mark. This has been some thing that came with every nintendo console and I have yet to see this type of demo on this system.

FLYNNN said:
That's your opinion, but the truth is it practically revived the FPS genre, saved Xbox and Microsoft, and according to G4 more than half of ALL Xbox owners own Halo 3, to say it sucks is your opinion but to say it is a failure is 100% false.

First stop watching G4 it will rot your brain. Halo did not save FPS. We had plenty of that, quake 3, Ut 2003,2004, countless realistic FPS and war sims. No offense meant yet you should find your own news rather than get it from there. Actually there is an HD channel that has nothing but gaming on it and it has every FPS tourney on it and hell they don't have Tv shows they just have people playing thur games LOL! Really good channel.

Really think about it. UT3 sold less than 100,000 on a hardcore HD system in a week. The PC sales did even worst. You have to wonder how did this happen? It's called first come first served! There are too many FPS out there.

I don't think he said it was a failure either it's just that if you've been playing FPS for a while then it really is old news. I don't think another game has been marketed any better than that game also. Wait maybe mario brothers 3 had a bigger buzz since it actually was in a movie before it was released!

Really though the first publisher to do Wii FPS right is going to be going to the bank. Also too I hate to say it yet the Wii's FPS may actually be one that women would play. GAsP! yep... combine self improvement with weapon disarming and melee attacks that remind you of a self defense class and you have shooter gold!

Another thing is FPSs are mostly about offense? What happens when you have to run for your life or trick your purser into getting too close to you? There are so many things you could do with the Wii yet people won't until the normal mapping dust settles or either nintendo finds away to make that happen on their system by way of some genius compression methods! I won't hold my breath on that one yet who knows?

Hell they could make a sin and punishment 2 and give us online play and I would like that better than another FPS right now. Hey but if you haven't gotten enough of it yet then cool but I've been playing them since 1998.

Back