May 17, 2007
Calfornia, USA
Wii Online Code
0162-6929-7214-8876
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J3wH2r_Xd8[/media]

wow....i cant believe he said that.

What do u guys think?

he said fagget

people are getting offensive about him saying that.

the G.L.A.D.

Last edited:
guess who he offended......the G.L.A.D. (Gay and Lesbians Advocates and Defenders)

Ha! Take 'em down! (after the muscular distrophy telethon profit margin gets paid.)

Who the hell cares, big deal. If you're offended go cry yourself to sleep while I watch it again.

I'm not gay, but I don't think he should have said that. Hardly a good thing to say while promoting charity.

We all know what happened to Dr Burke...

Sure he shouldn't have said it, but it's over and done with. He'll get sued, and have to make a public apology, and that will be the last we hear of it.

It's more the fact that people still use derrogatory language like that without thinking that worries me. It shows he either really feels aggression towards homosexuals or he just doesn't realise how offensive it could be.

at the end of the day, people still say the word, and the chances of people stopping anytime soon is small.

Gaz said:
at the end of the day, people still say the word, and the chances of people stopping anytime soon is small.
But the real question is should it?

Status Quo is what is, not what should be. People should change, obviously, it's not always for the better, but that's what we should be striving towards.

Heck, if it was you who was being persecuted for whatever non-logical irrational reasoning, then surely you'd want society to change too? Why should homosexuals feel different?

Squall7 said:
But the real question is should it?

Status Quo is what is, not what should be. People should change, obviously, it's not always for the better, but that's what we should be striving towards.

Heck, if it was you who was being persecuted for whatever non-logical irrational reasoning, then surely you'd want society to change too? Why should homosexuals feel different?
it's someone's sterotype of gay people, and he's not actually doing anything wrong, i could go out into the street and say niger this niger that, and i'm not doing anything wrong, but if i come across a coloured person there going to take it differently arn't they...
the law can't do anything about me saying a word, only a demographic of people.

you could also argue the context as to which it is used... but i wouldn't advise it.

Gaz said:
it's someone's sterotype of gay people, and he's not actually doing anything wrong, i could go out into the street and say niger this niger that, and i'm not doing anything wrong, but if i come across a coloured person there going to take it differently arn't they...
One, it's not a stereotype, it's a derrogatory word to say homosexual (and since it's derogatory, it's usually said either with ignorance or with aggressive intention). And yes, going around saying "******" is bad, not because of the idea that you mean exactly what you say, but because it shows your ignorance of the history of the word. Fact of the matter, is that despite the guy not actually refering to individuals, it's still offensive to say it about a group of people, indeed, possibly more offensive.

the law can't do anything about me saying a word, only a demographic of people.
So if someone came up to you and said stuff to you, you'd be fine with it? Regardless of it's intent or meaning? I doubt it. Baring in mind, that you were just discussing 1st, the fact that it won't change, then the fact that it's all about the person who is the target of the word, and now you're talking about the freedom for people that use it. Besides, there is something called a "hate-crime" that may just be able to do something (obviously depends on the situation).

you could also argue the context as to which it is used... but i wouldn't advise it.
It wasn't meant affectionately. It wasn't meant in the same way as the word "*****" has become (taken back by women to mean a strong willed woman who knows what she wants). It was part of his ideology, one that is archaic and out-of-date.

Of course, sensoring isn't going to do anything but cover it up. The issue should be dealt with by explaining to him exactly what it means to others, and why he shouldn't use the word itself.

Last edited:
Back