Just remember, don't cry till the end.

Always wanted to play this, but never got around to it.... I might start it...
The links in my op are great if you're playing it for the first time. Very helpful.

almost done mother3 then im on this lol, im at the final boss of mother 3

I've been playing Earthbound since it came out in 95.
It will ALWAYS be my favorite game to tell you the truth. I've beat it back then but i'm almost scared to beat it now because it ruins the whole feel for me and devostates me. lol.

But i've always felt like it was a game for ME. Noone I know had it besides me which makes it so rad but bad at the same time. I'll say a referance like..."Ness ate a Hamburger." and noone gets it. haha.. and I used to ALWAYS use the words "boing," "ding," and "zoom" at the end of my sentences when I was little. haha.

I even took part in the Starmen.net EB SIEGE. That was a blast.

Earthbound Zero was good too, but not AS good..

I suggest anyone that hasnt played it before..to get it as FAST as they can.

MOTHER FOR LIFE.

p.s Mother3 is good but it's nothing story related to Earthbound. I lost interest after the first couple days of playing it...my theory...no ness....no fun

Last edited:
yea earthbound was definately better than mother3, mother 3 didnt have the variation or cities and as much quirky stuff as earthbound, i enjoyed both very much but earthbound is a truely great game

Well I'm pretty much undecided when it comes to my favorite. While EarthBound is quirky and funny, Mother 3 has a bit more of an involving story that you can get sucked into.

I didn't find much of EarthBound to be sad, really. But Mother 3 has some terrible parts. The worst part was when the mom died.

But yes, I do own Earthbound, in fact, I have it for my SNES. I've beaten it about 6 times. It's an awesome game, but inferior to SMRPG.

I didn't find much of EarthBound to be sad, really. But Mother 3 has some terrible parts. The worst part was when the mom died.

But yes, I do own Earthbound, in fact, I have it for my SNES. I've beaten it about 6 times. It's an awesome game, but inferior to SMRPG.

That's blasphemy around me :lol:

Necroposting much RJ?Not that it matters anymore. lol

That's blasphemy around me :lol:

Necroposting much RJ?Not that it matters anymore. lol

Necroposting? What? I'm unfamiliar with this undead posting stuff you speak of. According to this website, this is relatively active. :lol:

The last post was in 2009. Not complaining though. I've been planning on having an EarthBound related thread active on the site. Guess it's just the fanboy in me... or this annoying Mr. Saturn telling me to. "BOINK!"

The last post was in 2009. Not complaining though. I've been planning on having an EarthBound related thread active on the site. Guess it's just the fanboy in me... or this annoying Mr. Saturn telling me to. "BOINK!"

Lol. I had the urge to make a Super Mario RPG thread, but realized it would just be a flop. EarthBound for second!

Back