Just smashed my Wii-Mote

chris11

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
We played wii tennis on Sunday. Nice game :thumbsup: Unfortunately, a friend have played it too realistic. So the strap torn off and the wii-mote smahed on the ground :shocked: I know, that Nintendo offers a new thicker strap. But my question is, who is responsible for that? The truth is, that Nintendo didn't do a good research for the straps.

there is no reason to swing the controller that hard you are not actually hitting anything end of story make your friend pay Nintendo is not responsible for your friend not listening to the warnings.

the only possible way it could snap, is if u really give it a big SLAM.

And i mean WACK BOOM POW SWISSH. ive swing the mote pretty hard but not super hard enough to snap it.

My Mom broke my brothers wrist strap playing Wii Sports boxing, and she is not an idiot, it was the 3rd time she played a video game.
But we didn´t start crying and called nintendo for a new strap. No. We just took one of the black plastic wrist that came with the wii AV cables, tied it to the 2 broken parts of the before-broken wrist strap, melt the black plastic, and thats it. The Wii wrist strap is better than before, and we repaired it by ourselves. Maybe I´ll make a thread with intrucction later.

Last edited:
Yo, it's not the first time we played wii tennis. So he got the hang of it ... Maybe, I have too say, that I have played it with 3 friends simultaneous. Everyone was surprised. However, my friend will pay it. But it's really a shame for Nintendo, that they haven't attached a MUCH better strap on it.:incazzato:

chris11 said:
We played wii tennis on Sunday. Nice game :thumbsup: Unfortunately, a friend have played it too realistic. So the strap torn off and the wii-mote smahed on the ground :shocked: I know, that Nintendo offers a new thicker strap. But my question is, who is responsible for that? The truth is, that Nintendo didn't do a good research for the straps.

you are

If you dont let go of the remote how the hell does it go flying? Tell your friend to loose some weight so the sweat in his hands doesnt make the remote act like soap in a prison >.<

youd have to let go of the remote for the strap to break, and it says in the game that the force doesnt translate into the game, just the motion

Why is everyone acting like they haven't swung their Wii mote too hard at anytime. When we all 1st opened our boxes and took our 1st baseball swings and watched our very 1st homer head over the fences; we were all swinging way too hard. Admittedly, we have since learned it is all about timing, but we still swing hard because it feels good; you know it does. So, for all of us luck enough to still have our straps in tact, lets be sure to order the newer stronger ones. And for those of you whose Wii motes or TVs, etc... have been met with an early demise as a Wii casualty, let us support them and honor their losses with a brief moment of silence. RIP

Back