keyboard question

stump0331

WiiChat Member
Feb 26, 2008
i looked around and couldnt find a real solid answer, and i appologize if this is redundant

i just got my wii online and think its awesome on my 73" tv, i understand that any usb plug and play keyboard will work, but i really dont care to run a usb cable 10 feet across my living room floor, is there a wireless keyboard that will for sure work without issue?

stump0331 said:
i looked around and couldnt find a real solid answer, and i appologize if this is redundant

i just got my wii online and think its awesome on my 73" tv, i understand that any usb plug and play keyboard will work, but i really dont care to run a usb cable 10 feet across my living room floor, is there a wireless keyboard that will for sure work without issue?
You need to get a wireless keyboard whose dongle does ALL the work translating it into standard keyboard signals.

If it requires software then it probably won't work

• i found i don't type much...
    • URLs
    • Google Searches
    • Maybe Email or Forums at most

I bought this wireless thumpad that's a bit larger than a smartphone:
Click Here for details

267253.jpg

I just got one of the Madcatz keyboards like idjut mentions. Nice, small, good feel, but unfortunately doesn't work. It's on it's way back to be exchanged for another one.

On the plus side, Madcatz' tech support was first rate - I don't remember the last time I called a company for tech support and they actually answered their own phones!

I have a USB Keyboard but it oenst seem too work on the internet channel... But it does work in the VC channel and Message board. Anyone know why?

laderer5 said:
I have a USB Keyboard but it oenst seem too work on the internet channel... But it does work in the VC channel and Message board. Anyone know why?
No keyboards work on any channel other than the internet channel.

This feature is not system-wide, only on the internet channel. :yesnod:

FRuMMaGe said:
No keyboards work on any channel other than the internet channel.

This feature is not system-wide, only on the internet channel. :yesnod:
Completely wrong, sorry XD
Nintendo actually added keyboard support to the Wii message board before they did to the Internet Channel. It's also supposed to work for suggesting questions on the Everybody Votes Channel, but for some reason it doesn't for me.

Back