Leaving the Disc in

MikeTheAsian

total n00b
Jan 6, 2007
U.S. of A
Sometimes, i don't take a game disc out of my wii before i turn it off. Then, the next time i turn it on, i see the game in my wii menu, i click start, and it freezes. the only way to fix this is to unplug the wii from my wall. any suggestions?

It shouldn't be a problem, I leave my disc in all the time.

Only suggestion would be to make sure you always take the disc out after your done playing.

Brawl's been in there since the 9nth, I got no problems, and before that I had SMG in there for about 2 months.

I dont believe that leaving a disc in would cause any problems. Also you shouldnt unplug the wii while its turned on. Hold the power button down for four seconds and it will turn off no matter what.

No problems here, but try cleaning the disk (if it is the same game) or just remind yourself NOT to shut off your Wii before taking the disc out. =p

he he, actually, i dont recommend leaving the disk in because the wiiconnect24 is always on in hte wii and because of that the console is always little hot and it might damage your console or disk. i beat up my sister when she leaves my mohh2 game in the slot. its sickening. just imagine what the poor disk would be going through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one

I wouldn't recommend leaving your disc in, even if you haven't had problems with it yet. I made the same mistake when I first got it, and my wii sports disc had scratches on it, and I know it was from leaving the disc in because it was okay before I put it in, and I left it in overnight, the next morning it had scratches. So I would recommend you take your disc out after you stop playing it.

When you turn the Wii on with a disc in it, wait for the drive seeking sound (sounds like an electronic chicken) to stop before you press the A button to dismiss the health warning. Mine has locked up before too. It hasn't since I started waiting for the seeking to stop.

I always leave my disk in.....although my cousin says you shoudnt casue it may casue problems :lol:

gracias, amigos!

Thanks for all your replies, everybody! I think i'll just stop being lazy and take it out every time i turn it off. no sense in risking it.

Not to put a downer on the advise here...

But... Leaving your disc in the Wii unit, even with WiiConnect on 24/7 will not damage the disc at all. The problem you have sounds like a return to shop as it is faulty.

If your Wii is locking up like this, make sure you have the latest update, if you still have the problem, get a replacement Wii.

Back