Left handed peeps

Poseidon

WiiChat Member
Oct 6, 2006
KCMO
So I've been wondering, will those of us who were blessed enough to become lefthanded :wtf: be hindered at all by the wiimote? I'm just wondering if there will be a certain amount of compensation I'll have to learn by playing lefthanded. Thoughts?

im not sure completely, but i have heard that for Zelda, the sword will be designated to the right hand(link will be right handed)

thats about all i can contribute though

Yeah, I heard that to...thats what got me wondering. I imagine some moves I'd make with the remote might not hit exactly where expected being left handed. Maybe I'm wrong though...lets hope.

I rember when i was reading about the whole right handed zelda thing that they said that even left handed people would hold the wiimote in the right and nunchuck in the left. Don't have a source on this though

The wiimote/nunchuk combination is actually the first console controller to be both right and left hand friendly.

So, if you are left handed, you'll just hold the wiimote in the left hand and nunchuk in the right.

honestly, thers is NO difference, all u have to do is switch hands....plus....EVEYBODY plays the same in vid...oh no wait,.....haha! thats right! we;re talking about the wii-more here not some cheap ass ps3 shyt, ijust switch hands man its that simple

There IS a difference between left handed control and right handed control with the wii-mote. Granted, it's better than previous control schemes for other systems, but now that lefties like myself have gotten used to them, this will cause us to change a couple of things with the Wii:

1) Like people here said, Link will be right handed, so motions with the wiimote in the left hand will not be identical to what appears on screen. And for those of you who say "switch hands". It's not that easy. The way the controller is designed, it is BEST to have the wii-mote in your dominant, steady hand. For lefties, that would obviously be the left hand.

2) ALL previous controllers hand the left analog stick be the device that moves your character around. Everyone has grown used to that. But now, for lefties, if we are holding the wii-mote in the left hand, we have to hold the nunchuck with the analog stick in the RIGHT hand! This is totally different than we've had to do before.

I'm not suggesting that you not buy the Wii because of this, but for lefties, it will not be exactly the same. It will just take some getting used to after all these years.

JVIPER82 said:
ALL previous controllers hand the left analog stick be the device that moves your character around. Everyone has grown used to that. But now, for lefties, if we are holding the wii-mote in the left hand, we have to hold the nunchuck with the analog stick in the RIGHT hand! This is totally different than we've had to do before.

If you're used to using the analogue stick with your left hand, then hold the nunchuk in your left-hand.

Even if Link holds the sword in his right-hand, you can still make the same moves with your left hand. You can use he bow fine aswell. I've seen people play FPS' on the PC with the gun model in the left hand (Counter-Strike), even though they're right-handed. The game will work fine, it will just look slightly weird. IMO, this is easier to get used to than switching hands.

NateTheGreat said:
The wiimote/nunchuk combination is actually the first console controller to be both right and left hand friendly.

So, if you are left handed, you'll just hold the wiimote in the left hand and nunchuk in the right.

Whats so not "right and left hang friendly" about any other console controller?

Back