Listen to music on the Wii!!!

Wiil

Wii All Love The Wii
Dec 23, 2006
UK
Wii Online Code
4496-8976-1287-7661
Im sorry if im a bit behind but im just tellin sum people who dont know but if you wanna listen to music on ya Wii you do dis:

Insert SD Card

Go Onto Photo Channel

Click The Slideshow Button Then Press A When The Countdown Starts

Click on settings

then click on music

click on the song u want to listen to and there you have it

P.S you have to have at least 1 photo on SD card and the Wii can only show 100 songs!

Hope you enjoy!

are those songs in the Wii? or do you need to have them on the SD card as well as the pictureS?

Sorry

Axtlar said:
are those songs in the Wii? or do you need to have them on the SD card as well as the pictureS?

Sorry i didnt say you need to put them on the SD :thumbsup:

Yes you can do it that way. But if you have a internet connection and want a more complicated playlist you can always use the Orb program so you can do streaming of both music and video. This program is dependent of your internet connection since that's how you do the streaming. Another program is called Wii Media Center X but this one is still in development and doesn't have the audio support. You can search it if you like.

Here are the links if someone is interested:

http://www.orb.com

http://www.redkawa.com/mediacenters/wiimediacenterx/

Is there a way to get your own music (mp3's) to play anywhere else on the Wii? Like on the Weather, News or other menus?

ryanbw said:
Is there a way to get your own music (mp3's) to play anywhere else on the Wii? Like on the Weather, News or other menus?

i dont think so, it would be good, but i do know in upcoming games (Excite Truck) you can play your music while playing the game. If your lucky enough to live in the US you'll already know this! :mad:

Excite Truck is one of my favorite games, I highly recommend it. That said, the game is best when its done to your own sound track. I did not just select songs that I like, but songs that are consistently fast, strong rhythm , and climatic buildups. Put like 20 of these songs on your SD card and set all tracks to "random". Its so awesome :D

I didn't realize Europe didn't have this game yet, that ****ing sucks. Whats the hold up?

trentdk said:
Excite Truck is one of my favorite games, I highly recommend it. That said, the game is best when its done to your own sound track. I did not just select songs that I like, but songs that are consistently fast, strong rhythm , and climatic buildups. Put like 20 of these songs on your SD card and set all tracks to "random". Its so awesome :D

I didn't realize Europe didn't have this game yet, that ****ing sucks. Whats the hold up?

god knows but JAP and US always gets games before us in the UK oh well its out this week on FRI!!!!!!!!!!!!! woop woop

Heres Part 1 and Part 2 of How To Play Music On Your Wii.

Attachments

• MOV00001.wmv
    393.2 KB · Views: 1,576
  • MOV00002.wmv
    194 KB · Views: 677
Last edited:
oh and leave a comment if the videos helped :)

Anyone checked out WiiCR? It works really well but requires you to download a couple things (XAMPP & an addon for it) and run an apache server. I can watch movies and play my MP3s, but after about 15 seconds of mp3 play, it crashes and heads to the Opera main screen, a known problem but should be fixed once the official browser is released.

another way if you have internet connection and have the Wii Internet channel trial version then you can go to http://www.finetune.com/wii/ and listen to music on their. I do it all the time.

the only negative thing is on the radio option their only a certain number of songs you can play, their not infinite. you can increase this number a little bit by creating a account on the main page (finetune.com) and making your own play list. I think a play list allows you to select 54 songs (may be one more or one less).

Last edited:
TopherD05 said:
another way if you have internet connection and have the Wii Internet channel trial version then you can go to http://www.finetune.com/wii/ and listen to music on their. I do it all the time.

the only negative thing is on the radio option their only a certain number of songs you can play, their not infinite. you can increase this number a little bit by creating a account on the main page (finetune.com) and making your own play list. I think a play list allows you to select 54 songs (may be one more or one less).

Have you ever thought some people haven't got their Wii hooked up to da net. This tutorial i did was if you were relaxing in your living room and wanted to play music AND its your own playlist and is faster than the net.

Happy Camper said:
Was the Wii meant to be able to do this, or was this just a finding.

It was just a finding

Back