Using the Photo Channel to play MP3s

tony1979

WiiChat Member
Jan 10, 2007
I know there are far easier ways to play MP3s but I'm curious as to the Wii's capabilities. Is it possible to play a large number of MP3s with a small photo slideshow? Ideally, I'd like the entire collection of songs to play and not just stop abruptly when the slideshow has finished (can you loop the slideshow?). I haven't bought an SD card yet, so I would rather check if it's possible first before attempting it.

My question is: can I play my entire library of MP3's non-stop, beginning to end, or will the playlist stop when the slideshow ends? That's why I asked if you can set the slideshow to loop, so the music plays continually.

Thanks Wii17 and i_a_s_s_b. But - just so I understand you correctly - will that one photo stay on screen while my ENTIRE mp3 collection plays through? And, more to the point, will it allow my entire collection of songs to play, or will it stop after the slideshow reaches the end of the photos?

i think you can loop it i've never tried but my friend was doing it while i was talking to him on the phone for an hour so unless he has like 100000 pics i guess you can

Thanks again to both of you. Can anyone confirm this?

Basically, my CD/DVD player is out of action and I don't have broadband at the moment (so can't use the Opera browser yet). I want to hook up my amp to the TV audio output and play a large playlist of songs through my Wii. I'm having a party this weekend and don't want to use a crappy little portable stereo.

Again, if anyone can confirm, it would be greatly appreciated.

i put in one picture, and selected the 'all mp3' option in the settings, and it played all of my mp3s in the order they are on the list. It would be cool if it had a shuffle or something

Wow. Quick response guys. Thanks. Just as a follow-up, what happened during the slideshow? Did the single photo remain on the screen while all your MP3s played?

Right, time to go and buy an SD card then. :thumbsup:

I'm actually surprised that no one has brought this up before. I've been looking for information about this all over the net, but this it the first place it's been mentioned. I think the information in this thread will be extremely useful to the wider Wii community.

Thanks again for all your help.

Back